Thread: Mouse Scroll Wheel

Default Mouse Scroll Wheel

We just posted some changes to the way the mouse scroll wheel works (due to user request) - BW9 only. There is not room in the updater to describe the changes so I will put it here:

1. The scroll wheel messages are now sent to the window under the mouse. Before you had to activate a window by clicking on it before the scroll wheel was functional.
    2. In Browse and Search panes the CTRL and SHIFT keys are used to add functionality. In the Browse Window id CTRL is pressed the wheel advances the verse in the hit results window. If CTRL + SHIFT is pressed it advances to the next verse in the version.

Enjoy.

Mike

Thanks, so far the update seems very natural.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

OUTSTANDING!
    Maybe someone else had made the request earlier, but I submitted a request for CTRL + mouse window functionality for advancing verses in the Browse Window just two days ago. Not only do they do that but make an associated function w/ the Search Window that is also tremendously helpful.
    Way to go, BW!
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Yay! Best. Bible Software. Evar.
    Dan Phillips
    Books:Web presence:
    tfo+[]l;w> hw"hy> tr:AT-ta, vArd>li Abb'l. !ykihe ar"z>[, yKi

s `jP'(v.miW qxo laer"f.yIB. dMel;l.W

Default What Am I Missing?

Dan, why am I so obtuse that I can't see what this Ctrl Shift action is supposed to do?
    Can you or someone walk me through it?

Will

Quote Originally Posted by dribex View Post
    Dan, why am I so obtuse that I can't see what this Ctrl Shift action is supposed to do?
    Can you or someone walk me through it?

Will
    control + shift and mouse scroll advances the Browse window one verse, regardless of whether the mouse is currently in the browse window or not.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Part truth

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    control + shift and mouse scroll advances the Browse window one verse, regardless of whether the mouse is currently in the browse window or not.
    For me, the control [+shift] mouse wheel behaves in various ways when the mouse in not over the browse or search result window.

• When the mouse is over the Word Analysis Window (fixed or floating) or a Browse Window (fixed or floating) or the Search results window, control scrolling acts as you say.
    • When the mouse is over any of the other windows it does not respond the new way.
    • When the mouse is over a BW9 window that uses control scroll to increase or decrease font size, that function seems to override the new function. (Notes, Version, Verse, Editor)

I must say that, much as I appreciate the new control functions, I am equally pleased with the ability to scroll any window with having to click in it first.

Well done BW.

Default Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    A little clarification on the way it works: When the mouse cursor is over a window and the wheel is scrolled, the scroll message is sent to the window under the mouse cursor. The window under the cursor is responsible for handling the message. We did not modify the message handling routines anywhere except the Browse and Search windows, so all other windows should work the same as they did when you gave the window focus by clicking and then scrolling. In the case of the editor and notes windows, these are subclassed from the Windows Rich Text routines, the same ones used in WordPad, so Microsoft controls the behavior. We can override Microsoft if we need to but that has not been done. This is just a first cut. We will gather suggestions and tweak the behavior as necessary.

Mike