Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video: BibleWorks 9 running on a Windows 8 tablet PC

Default Video: BibleWorks 9 running on a Windows 8 tablet PC

Whee! We stopped by the BibleWorks Laboratory where they gave us an informal demo of BibleWorks 9 running on Windows 8 (Release Preview) on a Tablet PC. This machine is a Samsung Series 7 Slate. You can use it alone as a tablet, or add an optional keyboard, mouse, or stylus pen.

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRETiSeWms8

The Moire patterns on some images are a recording artifact. They are not visible in real life.

Please help spread the word and pass the link on to your friends if you like it!
    Name:  BW9Win8TabletPC-01.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  534.6 KB
    Last edited by admin; 07-27-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Whee! We stopped by the BibleWorks Laboratory where they gave us an informal demo of BibleWorks 9 running on Windows 8 (Release Preview) on a Tablet PC. This machine is a Samsung Series 7 Slate. You can use it alone as a tablet, or add an optional keyboard, mouse, or stylus pen.

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRETiSeWms8

The Moire patterns on some images are a recording artifact. They are not visible in real life.

Please help spread the word and pass the link on to your friends if you like it!

You'll probably have to pry a desktop from my hands, but that is pretty sweet to have a functional version of BibleWorks on a tablet. I think this should definitely change the tablet industry. I'm glad you guys practiced wise stewardship in not spending hours developing a stripped down version of BibleWorks when it seems the technology is supporting faster and better tablets that can use real operating systems as opposed to the mobile platforms.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Drop it into a dock, and you have a desktop machine!

Another shot:
    Name:  BW9Win8TabletPC-02.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  1.41 MB
    Last edited by admin; 07-27-2012 at 02:41 PM.

My favorite part about that picture is that you're using a MacBook as a table.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

I tried to be subtle about it.
    Actually, I've tested BW9 on a Mac under VirtualBox, Parallels, and VMWare and was very pleased with how well it works. More to come to help Mac users with their options...
    Last edited by admin; 07-27-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks for this. I'm not a tablet user and won't become one anytime soon, but I sent the link to several friends of mine who are.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Cool Great Photo!

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I tried to be subtle about it.
    Actually, I've tested BW9 on a Mac under VirtualBox, Parallels, and VMWare and was very pleased with how well it works. More to come to help Mac users with their options...
    Although, I hope it doesn't burst the pride of any Mac users I really like that photo as well!
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

I'm interested to see how BibleWorks looks in a 7" tablet. Larger tablets don't offer much portability advantage over my small & medium size laptops.

I find this very cool indeed. I have never been a fan of stripping down BW so that it would fit on a traditional App, but I have to say that looking at manuscripts on tablets is very nice. Making this as a possibility very appealing.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Fascinating stuff. I tend to be a technology dinosaur, but this could potentially motivate me to get a PC tablet.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.