Thread: Small version of BW9 to run off a flashdrive?

Default Small version of BW9 to run off a flashdrive?

I need to be able to use BW9 in classroom settings without using my laptop. Is it possible to copy BW9 to a flashdrive and run it from a flashdrive? I could take out all the NT ms images and that would greatly reduce the size.

When I tried doing this by simply copying BW9 from my "Program Files" on my C: drive to the flashdrive, I can't get it to run (probably because parts of the application are written to expect certain files in specific folders where it was installed). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Default Install to flash

I think that some operating systems allow you to install programs directly to the flash drive, if so, that would solve your problem. As for the image files of NT ms, a larger flash drive may support this install as well. I have at present a 32 GB flash Drive that would be adequate for that kind of installation.
    Doug
    If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things ? John 3:12 KJV
    εκεινον δει αυξανειν εμε δε ελαττουσθαι John 3:30

Thanks. I've thought about doing that... but on some computers I have to use, the flashdrive comes up as the E: drive... but on others as the I: drive... or something else. I'm afraid BW will only install and then run with only one specific identification as the flashdrive.