Thread: Feature Request

Hybrid View

Default Feature Request

While I can only presume to speak for myself, perhaps there may be others who might find this feature request helpful. I would love for the Popup Copy Window to be able to handle multiple versions and languages at the same time. As it is currently configured, you can only direct it to copy from one version at a time. If memory serves me correctly, there was a time when two or more versions could be inputted at the same time and for the same copy command. Is there any way this feature could be added/restored? Grateful for any feedback.

Irving

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    While I can only presume to speak for myself, perhaps there may be others who might find this feature request helpful. I would love for the Popup Copy Window to be able to handle multiple versions and languages at the same time. As it is currently configured, you can only direct it to copy from one version at a time. If memory serves me correctly, there was a time when two or more versions could be inputted at the same time and for the same copy command. Is there any way this feature could be added/restored? Grateful for any feedback.

Irving
    Irving, have you tried creating a Favorite setting which includes the other versions you want to copy? If you go to to the Popup Copy Options window it's one of the many options, it's on the bottom left. "What versions to include"
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Thanks, Michael. I think I vaguely remember that from several years ago. At any rate, I just tried it and it, in fact, does what I want it to do. The only drawback in this method is that if you want to change to different copy versions yet, or if you want to restore it to the previous setting, there are a couple of extra steps to do. In a previous incarnation of the Popup Copy Window of numerous years ago, when it would open, you could actually type in, or delete from, the versions there. But thanks for the good reminder. I can live with the added steps.

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Thanks, Michael. I think I vaguely remember that from several years ago. At any rate, I just tried it and it, in fact, does what I want it to do. The only drawback in this method is that if you want to change to different copy versions yet, or if you want to restore it to the previous setting, there are a couple of extra steps to do. In a previous incarnation of the Popup Copy Window of numerous years ago, when it would open, you could actually type in, or delete from, the versions there. But thanks for the good reminder. I can live with the added steps.
    I don't know, kind of sounds like you have a problem in not conforming to the program rather than the other way around

[[I JEST!]]

I don't really remember the older versions that well after using the current version so much, so I can't remember how it used to work, but, yeah if the older version had the ability to select multiple versions with one click, then this is a bit slower. I guess it assumes we copy the same kinds of things a lot (thus the use of Favorites), but if that isn't the case, it does seem like it could be changed to save you a click or two.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

Unhappy

Well, either way, I'll conform, I guess. I confess however that I did like the feature the way it used to be in the program. I remind myself of the returnees from the captivity when they finished construction on the second temple. It says there that some of them wailed and cried when they remembered the first temple. (I'm not wailing or weeping, by the way; just remembering the earlier "temple.")

Sorry, I didn't want to exacerbate your weeping, but I did want to give you some sort of stop-gap. If that's not what you really want then do send in the request for something better.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!