Thread: Bhs

Hybrid View

Question Bhs

I can't seem to find my BHS in my bibleworks 9. I only have WTT. Did it get taken out?
    Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by lukeh021471 View Post
    I can't seem to find my BHS in my bibleworks 9. I only have WTT. Did it get taken out?
    Thank You
    BHS = WTT.

The WTT Hebrew text is based on the Michigan-Claremont Hebrew text, encoded in 1981-1982 at the University of Michigan under the direction of H. Van Dyke Parunak (of the University of Michigan) and Richard E. Whitaker (of the Institute for Antiquity and Christianity, Claremont Graduate University) with the financial support of the Packard Foundation. The Michigan-Claremont text is an encoding of Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, which in turn attempts to be a faithful reproduction of the latest hand of the Leningrad Codex. The text included in BibleWorks is the Hebrew text distributed with the Groves-Wheeler Westminster Morphology and Lemma Database (WTM) and has been edited over the years to bring it into greater conformity with the Leningrad Codex.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

It may be helpful for Luke to know that the critical apparatus of BHS is not included in BibleWorks though.

Default good point

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    It may be helpful for Luke to know that the critical apparatus of BHS is not included in BibleWorks though.
    Glad you mentioned that!
    I had forgot about this commonly held misconception.

I wonder if there are any Hebrew projects out there that are similar to the CSNTM photo project or the CNTTS apparatus?

OH, and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to you ISalzman!
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

Thank you, Brian. Unfortunately, I'm not getting better, only older!

Blessings to you in Japan.

Irving

Default I wish, I wish, I wish

Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    I wonder if there are any Hebrew projects out there that are similar to the CSNTM photo project or the CNTTS apparatus?
    Whew! Wouldn't that be wonderful!

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Default ty

thank you for the replies