Thread: Display the text of a given a list of bible verses

Default Display the text of a given a list of bible verses

Dear community,

from the forum I understand that lists of the format "Gen 1:1 Gen 2:1 Gen 3:1" can be imported by saving them as a text file and importing this file with the Verse List Manager (VLM).

But what about abbreviated lists like "Gen 1:1.2.3; 2:2.3.4; 3:3.4"? The VLM doesn't seem to convert such lists properly.

So, how can I display the text of all verses in such an abbreviated list?

Thanks in advance,
    Geringer

Hi Geringer,

I think you're referring to this thread.

As far as I can tell, there's no "easy" way to do it. Even in my situation, I had to go through a few steps to convert the list of verses in that page to a BibleWorks-friendly format. Also, the VLM does not work with verse ranges (e.g. Gen 1:1-3). So, in order to get the print out of what I had, I had to change the book name abbreviations to the proper BW book names. I also had to separate out any references that either had multiple verses (e.g. Gen 1:10,12) or verse ranges (Gen 1:10-12) and make them into a list of consecutive single verses (e.g. Gen 1:10, Gen 1:12 or Gen 1:10, Gen 1:11, Gen 1:12). Each verse had to be on its own line as well.

So, it's not a *simple* procedure, unfortunately.

It would be great to see a feature like this incorporated into BW one day, and I encourage you to make a suggestion to the programmers.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing