Thread: Widescreen monitor possibilities with BW 9

Hybrid View

Default Widescreen monitor possibilities with BW 9

I just bought a Dell 23" widescreen monitor (16:9 aspect ratio). I realize that many BW users can't afford fancy hardware. I can't afford really fancy hardware myself, and bought this monitor on sale (it still is on sale on the Dell Web site here).

BibleWorks 9 was designed with these kinds of monitors in mind. For instance the ability to split the Analysis Window into two sections is much more effective on a widescreen monitor, leaving all four of the resulting columns with plenty of room. So I thought I'd start a thread for people to post their widescreen layouts, and see what other users are coming up with. I'm posting a screenshot of my current layout. It's pretty humdrum, so I'd be glad to see more interesting suggestions!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Default Recycling some old posts

Back in the days of BW8 I posted this (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...ummary-Windows) example using floating BW windows to supplement both the normal and Parallel BW windows. The principle applies equally to BW9; just make the columns narrower, or put your extra windows under the main one.

Some time back, on another topic, I made this comment, which expands on the above post:
    BW allows you to have free-standing "Word Analysis", "Resource Summary", "Browse", and "Cross-references" windows. (the first 3 can be invoked with the "Browse Window Options" button (just to the left of the footprints), the last from "View" on the main menu bar.
    This allows you to use the two default analysis panes for any other two functions.
    So instead of having just one or two panes of supplementary info, you can have up to 6.

And this is before you get onto the topic of finding space for a word processor, Logos window, etc.

I have been playing around with the screen layouts that have been shown in this thread and I thought of something that might be nice. It would be nice if we could use the tabs in the search window so that each tab had a different screen layout. I realize it isn't a big deal to change the screen around each time but it might be nice if you could save each type of screen layout and then use each whenever you wanted to. I can't keep all the screen layouts in my head.

Default screen arrangements

is it possible to NOT show the search window??? Just to have the browser with the Scripture, then the analysis window and browse from the analysis pane?

Quote Originally Posted by paulsj View Post
    is it possible to NOT show the search window??? Just to have the browser with the Scripture, then the analysis window and browse from the analysis pane?
    Have you tried resizing it? I can re-size it to "nothing."

I had the same problem, try to reinstall