Thread: Hook to a Different CHM Reader

Hybrid View

Default Hook to a Different CHM Reader

I have started using the KCHMViewer, as I can increase the font size of the CHM files with this tool. (This has made the CHM files really usable for me for the first time.) The embedded links in the CHM files still appear in this viewer (blue underlines), but do not function. Nor can I figure out how to get BW8 to open the CHM in this viewer as opposed to the default MS viewer when clicking in the resource area.

Any pointers in the right direction on this would be much appreciated.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimM View Post
    I have started using the KCHMViewer, as I can increase the font size of the CHM files with this tool. (This has made the CHM files really usable for me for the first time.) The embedded links in the CHM files still appear in this viewer (blue underlines), but do not function. Nor can I figure out how to get BW8 to open the CHM in this viewer as opposed to the default MS viewer when clicking in the resource area.

Any pointers in the right direction on this would be much appreciated.
    The BibleWorks staff can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you're going to be able to get it to work. BW has to have control of the program in order for the links to work. KCHMViewer is operating outside the dominion of BibleWorks and therefore doesn't know what to do with the links.

Unless I'm mistaken, BW will have to code the ability to use other viewers before this will be an option.

I thought of something else you might try... Go into Windows and make KCHMViewer your default viewer and see if that works. (Restart BibleWorks if it's open after doing this). Maybe BW is opening the default viewer, and if that is the case, this might work.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 07-09-2012 at 12:27 AM.

I tried switching the default viewer and it didn't work for me.

I'll be interested to see if someone can get it to work because I definitely like the viewer better. The default CHM viewer is very inconsistent in how it views the files.

Thanks for the heads up on the KchmViewer.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.