Thread: Erasing search string when term(s) not found?

Default Erasing search string when term(s) not found?

Hello BibleWorks!

It would be nice not to have to retype my search terms(s) when BibleWorks does not detect them in the current database version. For instance, if I search make the simple search "knowledge puffs" and the KJV is the active version, BW will display an error message (see below), force you to click OK, and then promptly erase the string, rather then allowing you to simply correct the spelling, etc., and resubmit the search. This is somewhat time-consuming, esp. if you have typed in a larger text string (e.g., "love, joy, peace, patience," and so on.

Either way, thanks for your help. I love BibleWorks and appreciate your great service!

Name:  bbw9-request.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  23.0 KB
    Last edited by John Parsons; 07-06-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    xyvmh [wvy ~vb ~wlv
    www.hebrew4christians.com

Default Ask...knock..seek...find

Quote Originally Posted by John Parsons View Post
    Hello BibleWorks!

It would be nice not to have to retype my search terms(s) when BibleWorks does not detect them in the current database version. For instance, if I search make the simple search "knowledge puffs" and the KJV is the active version, BW will display an error message (see below), force you to click OK, and then promptly erase the string, rather then allowing you to simply correct the spelling, etc., and resubmit the search. This is somewhat time-consuming, esp. if you have typed in a larger text string (e.g., "love, joy, peace, patience," and so on.

Either way, thanks for your help. I love BibleWorks and appreciate your great service!

When you click on the command line, press the up arrow to bring your search back without retyping it.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Do like Michael says!
    And remember that the arrow to the right of the command line box has your whole history of command line inputs. Click on it to get the dropdown.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Many thanks!
    xyvmh [wvy ~vb ~wlv
    www.hebrew4christians.com

Great info--I had always found this a hassle too, never realizing this option was available. Thank you very much.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.