Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks 9 vs Logos 4 Original Languages

Quote Originally Posted by robrecht View Post
    Nick & Brian, I would assume that all the versions could be made to scroll together, is that not correct??
    Yes, they can be made to scroll together or as BibleWorks programs call it synchronize.
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

Just jumping in to say that yes, the versions can be scrolled together by book, chapter, and verse. If they do get out of sync, there's a button to re-sync them. You can also add Analysis Window material (notes from the version, Greek or Hebrew lexicon, etc.) below each version in the view in the first picture that Brian posted.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Nick & Brian, or anyone, I would assume that all the versions could be made to scroll together, is that not correct??
    Yes, synchronous scrolling can be toggled on or off.

Just a quick note to say thanks again to all here for your helpful replies. I finally ordered BibleWorks yesterday. Now that I'm recuperating from major foot surgery (old running injury), I figure I'll have more time to start working on that learning curve.

Thanks, Robrecht

Enjoy, you'll love the program and all of its capabilities. It is studying the Word as it truly deserves to be studied. There is not a day in the week that I am not in BibleWorks. Remember to run the Updater to bring your installation to the most recent build. The good thing is that the program is set by default to automatically update itself. Still a good thing to do manually upon your initial installation.

Just a quick note to say thanks again to all here for your helpful replies. I finally ordered BibleWorks yesterday. Now that I'm recuperating from major foot surgery (old running injury), I figure I'll have more time to start working on that learning curve.

Thanks, Robrecht
    Good for you! I know you'll enjoy your time getting acquainted with BW. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery, and God's blessing and BW's assistance as you study His word.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Thanks, Robrecht
    Do take time to watch some of the training videos and, when in doubt, hold your mouse over wherever you have a question about how something works and press F1. Or you can ask things here and generally people are quick to respond if the answer is pretty straightforward.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Great to hear from you!

Thanks, Robrecht
    Hello Robrecht,

It is good to hear you! I'll keep you in my prayers as you recover from foot surgery.
    Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your decision to purchase Bible Works. AND of course I hope you enjoy BibleWorks.

To help you along the way here are a few tips:

(1) Check out the BibleWorks Wiki has some tutorials and web videos(Based on version 8) that will help you learn to use BibleWorks:
    http://wiki.luthersem.edu/bin/view/BibleWorks/WebHome

(2)You also might want to check out the Video presentation of a full Bible Works Training session at Luther Seminary's Free Range Leaning:
    http://www.luthersem.edu/technology/...=3725&post=187

(3) And of Course BibleWorks9 also comes with a lot of informative videos to help you on your journal to proficiency

Grace and Peace,
    Brian
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

Anyone else contemplating this decision should also know that Accordance will be available for Windows next year.
    Last edited by robrecht; 08-28-2012 at 08:35 PM.

If I plan on using a PC, I don't see a very compelling reason to buy Accordance for Windows when I already have BW & Logos. They do offer a couple of resources in their packages I wouldn't mind having (Spicq & Jenni). Other than that, it's like reinventing the wheel IMO.

Dave
    Last edited by calvary; 08-28-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.