Thread: Exporting verses without cross references

Default Exporting verses without cross references

I'd like to be able to export verses to Word without exporting the superscript cross references embedded in the text (I'm exporting the ESV version). Is it possible to have BW strip out these superscript cross reference and note indications?

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Try turning of Translation Notes (double click TrNotes at the bottom of the page) and see if that helps.

Thumbs up

Well I'll be darned. Thanks! I didn't think this was possible in the current version of BibleWorks, since I just never think to look at all those controls across the bottom of the screen. Where's the emoticon for "D'oh!"?
    Last edited by DavidR; 06-08-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Not to beat a "D'oh'd" horse, but you can also toggle the same option thru the menu...View//show/hide//Version Notes
    Name:  BW Tr.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  130.8 KB

And because there are always a thousand ways to do something, one might also add that if you click in the Browse window pressing the letter "n" should also do the same thing.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Many thanks, including to eracer001 for raising the question. This will definitely save me time, too, when copying from BW into my word processor.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Default A thousand and one

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    And because there are always a thousand ways to do something, one might also add that if you click in the Browse window pressing the letter "n" should also do the same thing.
    And because there are always a thousand ways to do something, one might also add that there is a button available for the main Toolbar that will Toggle Version Notes. (You will probably need to use Buttonbar Setup (usually the second-from-the-left button on the Tool/Button bar) to move it from "Available" to "Current" toolbar buttons.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    And because there are always a thousand ways to do something, one might also add that there is a button available for the main Toolbar that will Toggle Version Notes. (You will probably need to use Buttonbar Setup (usually the second-from-the-left button on the Tool/Button bar) to move it from "Available" to "Current" toolbar buttons.)
    That's 4. Only 996 to go!

Default Another way

You can also toggle on and off the notes markers by clicking on the Browse Window Options Button in the upper left corner of the Browse Window and selecting the option concerning notes.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.