Thread: Problems in activating old modules when upgrading to BW9

Unhappy Problems in activating old modules when upgrading to BW9

I just upgraded from BW7 to BW9. I had purchased four separate modules in BW7 and want to activate them in BW9. Two of them (ESNT and IBHS) are already included in BW9, so I don't need to activate them. The other two modules (BDAG and HALOT) are not included in BW9, so I need to activate them. However, BW9 won't allow me to activate BDAG and HALOT because, I think, my activation codes for these two modules have four 5-digit sets (e.g. XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) and BW9 only accepts activation codes with four 4-digit sets (e.g. YYYY-YYYY-YYYY-YYYY). In fact, I tried to enter these activation codes during the installation of BW9 but it did not accept them. I tried sending emails ('activate@bibleworks.com', 'activation-help@bibleworks.com' and 'service@bibleworks.com') but no body respond. I also tried the online manual activation (http://www.bibleworks.com/activation/ma.php) but it didn't work either. I have tried every mean that I can think of and I am very frustrated about the new activation process of BW9 and their technical support. If you can offer me a little help, I will greatly appreciate. Also, I want to sell the two redundant modules (ESNT and IBHS). Is there a way that I can sell them from this forum or somewhere else? Thanks.

Terence

Since no one else has chimed in, I'll try. If you contacted support on the weekend, they were taking a sabbath rest. You should have heard from them on Monday. If not, contact them again. You may have to give them the activation code for your BDAG and HALOT, and they should be able to e-mail you new activation codes which work for BW9.
    I do not believe that you can sell your old codes for ESNT and IBHS, since you plan to use them in BW9. BW is in effect assuming that everyone bought them previously, and they decided to add them to the upgrade perhaps to encourage those who haven't purchased them to purchase the upgrade. This has happened a number of times in the past. But you may wish to ask support about this as well, since they will have the official word on this.
    I hope this helps a bit.
    Mark Eddy

I would suggest looking carefully at any e-mails you received from BibleWorks just after you ordered BW 9. Those e-mails might include the new activation codes that you need. Looking back, I find that I actually received an e-mail with the subject "BibleWorks Activation Codes" a day or two after I placed my order. Is it possible that the e-mail got caught in your spam filter or some such thing?
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Default Selling BibleWorks Modules

Since Terrence's questions are already being addressed by the BibleWorks Customer Support team, I won't address them here. I did want to clarify something that Mark, said though.

Yes, it is o.k. to sell the previously-purchased modules that are now part of the BibleWorks base package. The reason why the new base-package items are included is because we were able to renegotiate the licenses with the copyright holders so that we are able to include the items in the base package.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I would suggest looking carefully at any e-mails you received from BibleWorks just after you ordered BW 9. Those e-mails might include the new activation codes that you need. Looking back, I find that I actually received an e-mail with the subject "BibleWorks Activation Codes" a day or two after I placed my order. Is it possible that the e-mail got caught in your spam filter or some such thing?
    Yes, and do not forget to scroll the email. Activation codes will show up