Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NA28 ante portas!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    If you find that I have missed any of the textual changes (or copied them incorrectly), please let me know and I will update the comparison.
    Hey Michael.

Because I already own the NA28 since a month I noticed that the text changed in 1Pe 1,23, 2,25 and 5,2 (first αλλα) from αλλα to αλλ. You can watch that phenomenon even in 1Corinthians(!) in Chapter 7,4 (both αλλα modified to αλλ!), Vers 7 and 10, all changed from αλλα to αλλ! I have to add that I only read two chapters (1Pe 1 and 1Co 7, rest of 1Pe I searched out of curiosity) in context since I have the NA28 so it doesnīt look like these are rare.
    I donīt know if you also notice orthographical text changes. I think itīs pretty interesting.

Blessings,
    Steffen

Quote Originally Posted by christlove View Post
    Hey Michael.

Because I already own the NA28 since a month I noticed that the text changed in 1Pe 1,23, 2,25 and 5,2 (first αλλα) from αλλα to αλλ. You can watch that phenomenon even in 1Corinthians(!) in Chapter 7,4 (both αλλα modified to αλλ!), Vers 7 and 10, all changed from αλλα to αλλ! I have to add that I only read two chapters (1Pe 1 and 1Co 7, rest of 1Pe I searched out of curiosity) in context since I have the NA28 so it doesnīt look like these are rare.
    I donīt know if you also notice orthographical text changes. I think itīs pretty interesting.

Blessings,
    Steffen
    Interesting Steffen, thanks for sharing! I don't know how many people consider those kinds of changes significant. Clearly the GBS doesn't because they never mentioned it in their advertising copy, but playing with hiatus has often been a difficulty for editors.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

In your comparison, you left out James 4:10, in which τοῦ κυρίου replaces κυρίου. NA28 now agrees with BYZ.

Quote Originally Posted by elnwood View Post
    In your comparison, you left out James 4:10, in which τοῦ κυρίου replaces κυρίου. NA28 now agrees with BYZ.
    Thanks. I've updated the file. It's available under the same name.

DOWNLOAD!
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!