Thread: NA28 ante portas!

Hybrid View

Default NA28 ante portas!

I found the news today browsing through autumn publishing catalogues. Should be published in September 2012.

Should we look for it in BW10?

Name:  045107095-bibelausgaben-novum-testamentum-graece-28.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  17.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by berniebond View Post
    Should we look for it in BW10?
    Or sooner?
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

My real question is how will it be different than NA27. I guess only time will tell.

BTW - who is saying Sept? CBD is listing it as Christmas. In any event, it is quite common for these types of dates to be up in the air.
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 06-02-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Via amazon germany you can already pre-order your NA28th. The release date is set for 31th Oct 2012.
    There´s also a brief description in german about some changes.
    http://www.amazon.de/Nestle-Aland-No...sr=1-2-catcorr

Blessings,
    Steffen

Default How good is your German? :-)

Maybe the English edition is coming out later. I will check at work on Monday. Here is the main page from the catalogue:

Name:  na28.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  357.6 KB

So far it sounds to me like the biggest changes are in the textual apparatus not the text itself. At least, what they make to be a big deal is the "30 changes in the Catholic epistles" due to work on the Editio Critica Maior. If that's it for textual changes, one can easily export BNT and make those changes now and call it NA28 (Wieland has a list of them here). Anyway, if that's the main difference between NA27 and NA28, I'm not sure what that would mean for BW getting it. The ongoing problem has been that the GBS and BibleWorks have not been able to agree upon a license for the critical apparatus. Based on deals GBS has made with the other software companies around, it would seem that one large hang-up is cost. BibleWorks tries to include all standard translations/editions in the main program, but the costs associated with the GBS texts is such that BW couldn't do that without dramatically increasing the cost of the base package. Speculation aside, the critical apparatus in NA28 will remain a different means of understanding the text. I wouldn't say it's better than the CNTTS apparatus that we have in BW9 because it is not exhaustive, but it does contain some information that CNTTS does not yet have, like witnesses in translations and citations in the Church Fathers (even though those are somewhat problematic).
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!