Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 Volume Smith's Bible Dictionary

Smile 4 Volume Smith's Bible Dictionary

Most of the time that you run into the Smith's Bible Dictionary you'll be staring at a chopped down version of the original work. These 4 volumes are PDF files made of scans of the 1887 set of books. This is a very good and very interesting Bible dictionary that is not included in it's unabridged form in any currently available Bible software package. It's good stuff.

The four PDF files are each from about 150 megabytes to 175 megabytes in size, so this all makes for a HEFTY download. These files are making their internet debut today.

I have an unsullied set of these works in my personal library and am very blessed to have them. Now you can have them too.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mnzgzhqllly/Smith's Bible Dictionary - Volume 1 of 4.pdf

http://www.mediafire.com/file/igzizz2bywi/Smith's Bible Dictionary - Volume 2 of 4.pdf

http://www.mediafire.com/file/andml3ojdvn/Smith's Bible Dictionary - Volume 3 of 4.pdf

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5qu55immuht/Smith's Bible Dictionary - Volume 4 of 4.pdf

Enjoy!
    Mike

thank you, I haven't looked at them yet (they are still downloading) but it will be interesting to search through.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sansom48 View Post
    thank you, I haven't looked at them yet (they are still downloading) but it will be interesting to search through.
    You are most certainly welcome.

Oh, I'm sure that you'll find them interesting. I wish that you could still purchase the 4 volume set. What you can currently purchase that is called the Smith's Bible Dictionary is very watered down. This one is about 4,000 pages in length.

Quote Originally Posted by MWMiles View Post
    You are most certainly welcome.

Oh, I'm sure that you'll find them interesting. I wish that you could still purchase the 4 volume set. What you can currently purchase that is called the Smith's Bible Dictionary is very watered down. This one is about 4,000 pages in length.
    Thanks for making us aware of this download. I have browsed through it and know it will prove valuable.
    נֹתֵ֣ן לֶ֭חֶם לְכָל־בָּשָׂ֑ר כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ׃

Quote Originally Posted by Precha1 View Post
    Thanks for making us aware of this download. I have browsed through it and know it will prove valuable.
    You are quite welcome and I'm glad that they will see some use in your studies.

I like my set a lot. I've had these scans here on a cd for years and had the time this weekend to pull them out of the PaperPort format that they were locked in using a piece of Linux software called maxview that also automagically turned them into PDF files. A friend of mine did the scanning and these were set to be sold on cd-rom about a decade ago but that never panned out - so you can have them now that I have gotten off my backside and posted them. They are so much better than the recent incarnations of the Smith's.

Thank you for sharing these (scanned) PDFfiles. It's a pity they can't be searched by Adobe Reader (9.2) Or is there some way to look for an item?
    Roel Schipper

Quote Originally Posted by roel schipper View Post
    Thank you for sharing these (scanned) PDFfiles. It's a pity they can't be searched by Adobe Reader (9.2) Or is there some way to look for an item?
    You can "Recognize" the text, which means you run Adobe's OCR tool, but Adobe Reader by itself doesn't have this capability. You need the main Adobe Acrobat application for this. Of course, you could use other OCR software as well, but either way, none of the four files are searchable in their current format. The text has to be "Recognized".

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    You can "Recognize" the text, which means you run Adobe's OCR tool, but Adobe Reader by itself doesn't have this capability. You need the main Adobe Acrobat application for this. Of course, you could use other OCR software as well, but either way, none of the four files are searchable in their current format. The text has to be "Recognized".
    Hey Scott, would ReadIris Pro do the trick?

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Hey Scott, would ReadIris Pro do the trick?
    I don't own that app, so I have no idea. However, any decent OCR app should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    I don't own that app, so I have no idea. However, any decent OCR app should work.
    Thanks much.