Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Master List Of BW Add-ons Created By Users

Default Path to .txt file

Make sure the full path to the corresponding .txt file is correct.

If you have BW 6.0 and you saved both the ddf and the txt file in the userdb directory then it should be:

C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 6\userdb\apm.txt

for the apm

Hope that helps.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

when i click on the Mounce Vocab file, i don't get a file to download. instead, i get a webpage that looks something like this --

VRT 6.001
    Title: William Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek Vocabulary
    Language: Greek
    "Comment: Copyright (c) 2004 A. Philip Brown II, PhD. Word occurrences were not changed to match Mounce's statistics. "
    "kai," "kai," G 4 9158 c 9158 "and, even, also, namely" kai.wav
    "evgw," "evgw," G 4 2584 r 2584 I egw.wav
    "qeo,j" "qeo,j( &ou/( o`" G 4 1317 n 1317 "God, god" qeos.wav

Can someone help me? Thanks

Default Right Click

Quote Originally Posted by frankenfro
    when i click on the Mounce Vocab file, i don't get a file to download.
    Rather than clicking, you need to "Right-Click" and choose the option: "Save Target Link as" (for Netscape). I am not sure what the option is for IE, but it is something like that.

Choose where you want to save the file and then open the file from with the Vocab Module in BW.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Question Mounce Vocab File

I can't seem to get Mounce to work. Where does one get a Mounce *vrc file for BW6? The downloaded file is *.vrt format. What am I missing?

Gilbert

Question Mounce .vrt file

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Salinas
    I can't seem to get Mounce to work. Where does one get a Mounce *vrc file for BW6? The downloaded file is *.vrt format. What am I missing?
    1. Download the BBG2 Vocabulary.vrt file.
    2. Go to the Flashcard Module in your BibleWorks 6 program.
    3. Under "File," click on "Import ..." and import the *.vrt file.
    4. Save the file, and BibleWorks will save it as a *.vrc file.

Steve

Thumbs up

Thanks for a quick reply!!!

It is VERY APPRECIATED!

Gilbert

Question Newbie--interested in compiling an add-on

I'd like to begin working on compiling the Philokalia, a series of texts from the Fathers, for Bibleworks. I'm using version 5.
    1. Is there an advantage to upgrading to version 6?
    2. How do I make abbreviations for these writings--they aren't books of the Bible, but other texts.
    3. Within these texts are allusions and citations of the Bible. Can I put those in notes?
    4. These texts are in Greek. Can I just type them into a word processor using bwgreek?
    5. In general, any advice or wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Default Compiling...

Quote Originally Posted by stoic01
    1. Is there an advantage to upgrading to version 6?
    There are many advantages to upgrading to version 6, and you would be well advised to do so! As far as I know, however, the Version Database Compiler has not changed since 5, so you should be safe!
    2. How do I make abbreviations for these writings--they aren't books of the Bible, but other texts.
    When you make the abbreviations, check against the book name and version abbreviations listed in your manual, to make sure that you do not duplicate any. Otherwise, just about any combination of letters and numbers will work, no matter how "arbitrary." Make sure that for each successive verse or paragraph that you have a new line that begins with the three character book name abbreviation a chapter number, colon and verse number (e.g., FIL 2:1 ....). To see an example of this, take a look at any one of the user databases listed in the lead post to this thread and open the txt file with WordPad or NotePad. (Read your manual as well!)
    3. Within these texts are allusions and citations of the Bible. Can I put those in notes?
    As of now, BibleWorks does not support notes for Greek and Hebrew databases, so these allusions and citations would have to be handled in a different way. I have been working on another Greek database, and I have found that for now the best way to do it would be to make a synopsis table for each "verse" of your database, with the second column for any cross references to Scripture. You can even annotate the cross references! For an example of how the synopsis files work, open up one of the synopsis files listed in the lead post to this thread with either WordPad or NotePad.
    4. These texts are in Greek. Can I just type them into a word processor using bwgreek?
    Yes you can. When you compile the database, make sure that you select "BibleWorks Native Format" so that it reads the font properly.
    5. In general, any advice or wisdom would be appreciated.
    Advice: Make sure that whatever text you use is clear of any copyright restrictions.
    Wisdom: (I am unqualified for that... )

Thanks for your willingness to take on such a project! I am sure that there will be others in the community who will be interested!

~Jim Darlack
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default APM coding off?

Howdy - great to have these resources! Installed APF/APM and something is a bit skewed - when showing 1 Cl 1:1, the first line of APM is the text of Matt 1:1, though the lemma and remaining material looks okay.

Help!
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waldemar
    Howdy - great to have these resources! Installed APF/APM and something is a bit skewed - when showing 1 Cl 1:1, the first line of APM is the text of Matt 1:1, though the lemma and remaining material looks okay.
    Howdy to you too!

Are you referring to the "Outline Heading" in the "Results Window Header?" My experience has been that this outline heading remains at whatever biblical passage you were last looking at, and does not change when switching to a non-biblical database. (I have not had a chance to try any modifications with this, but maybe I will later...)

~Jim
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing