Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Master List Of BW Add-ons Created By Users

Default Jim

Hi,

Did you get my Jerusalem fragments file?

I also sent you Pirke Avot.

Please let me know if there is a problem.
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souĊ

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

Default Pirke Avot & Targum Jerusalem Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by BigJayOneill
    Hi, Did you get my Jerusalem fragments file? I also sent you Pirke Avot. Please let me know if there is a problem.
    See next post.
    Last edited by jdarlack; 02-07-2006 at 10:49 AM.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Exclamation Targum Jerusalem Fragments; Pirke Avoth

PIRKE ABOTH: SAYINGS OF THE FATHERS
    Translated by R. Travers Herford in R. H. Charles, ed., The Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament in English, vol. 2: Pseudepigrapha (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1913): pp. 691-714. Edited by Diane Morgan for the Wesley Center for Applied Theology at Northwest Nazarene University (c) Copyright 2000 by the Wesley Center for Applied Theology. Text may be freely used for personal or scholarly purposes or mirrored on other web sites, provided the notice below the horizontal line is left intact. Any use of this material for commercial purposes of any kind is strictly forbidden without the express permission of the Wesley Center at Northwest Nazarene University, Nampa, ID 83686. Contact webadmin@wesley.nnu.edu for permission or to report errors.

Fragments of the Targum Jerusalem on the Pentateuch (English)
    An English translation compiled and adapted by Jay Palmer from source files at the Newsletter for Targumic and Cognate Studies (http://www.tulane.edu/%7Entcs/pj/psjon.htm). Original text from J. W. Etheridge, The Targums of Onkelos and Jonathan ben Uzziel on the Pentateuch: with the fragments of the Jerusalem Targum (London: Longman, Green, Longman, and Roberts, 1862-1865).

Default Great!

Thanks Jim!

I am almost done with Onkelos!
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souĊ

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack
    PIRKE ABOTH: SAYINGS OF THE FATHERS
    Translated by R. Travers Herford in R. H. Charles, ed., The Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament in English, vol. 2: Pseudepigrapha (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1913): pp. 691-714. Edited by Diane Morgan for the Wesley Center for Applied Theology at Northwest Nazarene University (c) Copyright 2000 by the Wesley Center for Applied Theology. Text may be freely used for personal or scholarly purposes or mirrored on other web sites, provided the notice below the horizontal line is left intact. Any use of this material for commercial purposes of any kind is strictly forbidden without the express permission of the Wesley Center at Northwest Nazarene University, Nampa, ID 83686. Contact webadmin@wesley.nnu.edu for permission or to report errors.
    Could the text of this file be added to the Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament (POT) file which was made available to BW users previously, since it is from the same translation? For searching and browsing purposes it might be easier if all of the OT Pseudepigrapha were in one database. The copyright information could be added to a .bww file (whether it remains as a separate database or whether it is added to POT), which should satify the stipulations in this notice.
    Mark Eddy

Default Re-including some links

I just updated the running list of BW add ons.

I got rid of some reported dead links, and eliminated links to things that are a part of v. 7 (e.g. Targum Files, etc.)

~Jim
    Would you consider re-including the links to things that are only part of v. 7 for those of us who are not prepared to purchase v. 7 at this time?

Brian

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy
    Could the text of this file be added to the Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament (POT) file which was made available to BW users previously, since it is from the same translation?
    It's certainly possible. I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian A.
    Would you consider re-including the links to things that are only part of v. 7 for those of us who are not prepared to purchase v. 7 at this time?
    Hi Brian, I could do so. The main reason I took them down is that the files that come with 7 are MUCH better than the ones that are homegrown. I can't help but encourage folks to upgrade. It's worth the pennies. In the meantime, give me a list of what you'd like and I'll post 'em!

Blessings to you Brian!

9. Default other Mormon writings for BW? (& maybe the Mishnah/Talmud)

I was wondering whether any of our enterprising brothers (I feel guilty that, in my programming ignorance, I take such advantage of others' skill) have thought about adding to our Add-On database the other 2 important Mormon writings, The Pearl of Great Price and Doctrines and Covenants? As I understand it, they, more than the Book of Mormon (which I am so glad to have available as an add-on for BW) are sources for distinctive Mormon teaching.

Also, further afield, but has anyone thought of compiling the Mishnah (or the whole Talmud), in its Hebrew and an English translation? As the Mishnah dates back to the time of Christ, it is of great interest.
    In Him, Bennett B. Wethered
    Pastor, Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
    Warrenton/New Baltimore, Virginia
    www.dayspringopc.org

Hi Brian, I could do so. The main reason I took them down is that the files that come with 7 are MUCH better than the ones that are homegrown. I can't help but encourage folks to upgrade. It's worth the pennies. In the meantime, give me a list of what you'd like and I'll post 'em!

Blessings to you Brian!
    Jim,

This may seem strange, but I would need to see a list of what files you removed in order to know which ones would be helpful to have still available! I remember seeing various files that would be helpful and figuring I would download them when I need them. So honestly, I do not know if any of these have been removed or not. I just figured it would be pretty easy to put them back on the list and helpful for the many who will not upgrade at this time. But if it's a pain, don't worry about it!

Thanks