Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Master List Of BW Add-ons Created By Users

Default How add to BW?

I have managed to download some zip files, but how do I go about actually adding them to BW6 and using them?

Exclamation Instructions...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirmace
    I have managed to download some zip files, but how do I go about actually adding them to BW6 and using them?
    First, nothing can replace reading everything in the Help files in BibleWorks or the Manual about the Version Database Compiler. To read the help files first go to "Help" on the top toolbar in BW6, then select "Online Help Topics." Once the Help files are displayed, click the plus sign (+) next to "Additional Tools" to expand the menu. Then click "Compiling Version Databases" and read everything. This will probably be "too much information" for now, but don't worry, it will help you get familiar with all of the jargon.
    For the latest file that I've posted (Yonge's trans. of Philo), I have given some specific instructions in the README.txt file (revised below):

To install:
    1. Read your BibleWorks manual or help files on the Version Database Compiler thoroughly before proceeding. (In the Help files see: Help | Online Help Topics | Additional Tools | Compiling Version Databases.)
    2. Unzip the downloaded files.
    3. Copy the unzipped PHE.txt and PHE.ddf files to your C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 6\userdb folder.
    4. Copy the unzipped PHE.bww to your C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 6\databases folder.
    5. Copy the unzipped jmdbooks.bna file to your C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 6\init folder.
    6. Open the PHE.ddf file with the Version Database Compiler.
      a. Go to the top toolbar in BibleWorks, open "Tools."
      b. From the drop-down menu, select "Version Database Compiler."
      c. Click the "Open" button under box labeled "1. Database Description File (DDF)."
      d. Either double-click the phe.ddf file, or type "phe.ddf" in the appropriate field and press enter. (Now, in the Version Database Compiler, you will see all of the settings for PHE.)
    7. Be sure that there is a check in the box "Install after compiling."
    8. Hit the "Compile" button. The PHE database is now installed.
    9. In an typical BibleWorks database, the correct "full" names of each individual book of the Bible or work of Josephus will be displayed in the Browse List Box above the Result Window. These "full" names will not show up for PHE unless you add them to your bookname file (*.bna). To install booknames, either copy relevant data from the jmdbooks.bna (unzipped with the rest of the PHE files) to the bna file of your preference, and install, or simply switch to jmdbooks.bna. Read about booknames in the Help Files: Help | Customizing BibleWorks | Options Window | Book Names.
    I hope this helps.
    Last edited by jdarlack; 01-02-2005 at 01:26 PM.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Arrow Greek Bible Transliterated

Hi folks, I began working on a transliterated version of the BGT over the Christmas Holidays in response to the discussions on the forum. I just finished a provisional version of the "GRT" (GReek Bible Transliterated). The file is available at the following URL: http://oldinthenew.org/bibleworks/GRT.1.1.zip.

The transliteration scheme followed here is the one given in the SBL Handbook of Style, with one modification. The macrons used to distinguish eta's from epsilon's and omega's from omicron's have been replaced by circumflexes above the appropriate letters (Perseus & TLG have similar transliteration styles). The copyright file (GRT.bww) in the zipped folder has a complete transliteration table.

Please report any errors to http://www.oldinthenew.org/emailform.html. I am also open to any for tweaking the transliteration from any Greek grammarians out there!
    Last edited by jdarlack; 01-11-2005 at 07:17 AM. Reason: added v. 1.1

Exclamation Greek Bible Transliterated (Slightly Revised)

Version 1.1 now transliterates all upsilons with a "u" following the transliteration scheme of TLG and Perseus. The distinction between using a "u" or a "y" to transliterate the upsilon seems to be based upon traditional transliteration into Classical Latin. Replacing all "y's" with "u's" in the transliteration also serves to remove any confusion from those who would need a transliterated text. As the SBL Handbook notes (p. 29), those who would desire a more "technical transliteration" should use the actual Greek alphabet.

One may obtain the original transliteration scheme implemented originally in version 1 by simply deleting the global changes ("y" "u") found in the Database Definition File (GRT.ddf).

Similarly, one may remove "y's" by adding the above global change to their existing GRT.ddf file, rather than downloading the zipped file linked below (although the new zipped folder contains an updated DDF, and a new copyright page, readme file, etc.).

The new version may be accessed at http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/GRT.1.1.zip.

Exclamation Minor Revision to GRT.bww

I fixed a few typos in the GRT copyright page (GRT.bww). I have uploaded the revised file for download at http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/GRT.BWW.

Download and copy the file into your C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 6\databases folder.

I have updated the zipped file as well: http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/GRT.1.1.zip.

Future revisions of this file will only be posted to the Master List of BW Add-ons Created by Users.
    Last edited by jdarlack; 01-11-2005 at 09:37 AM.

Smile Thanks for the Mounce vocabulary module!

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Brown
    Hi, All,

I have compiled the vocabulary from Bill Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek, 2nd Edition into a BW6 .vrt file which may be imported into the BW Vocabulary Flashcard module.
    Philip,

Thanks! I just downloaded the file and it works quite well.

Lee Lauridsen
    Lawrence, Kansas

Default Apostolic Fathers Latin is blank

I just updated the Apostolic fathers because i didn't have the fathers in greek, i had them in latin and english but after i did the update and used the bible compiler which was successful for both, the latin edition is 99% blank, and the greek even though it says it was successful, isn't in the resources that i can choose from. What is up?

alan

Default New database

Hi,
    A database of a 14th century Middle English version of 1 John through Jude is available.
    The url is: http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/14...ry_version.zip
    Mark Langley
    Sovereign Grace Baptist Church of Topeka, KS

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

to. de. r`h/ma Kuri,ou me,nei eivj to.n aivw/na tou/to de, evsti to. r`h/ma to. euvaggelisqe.n eivj u`ma/j

Red face My mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Langley
    Hi,
    A database of a 14th century Middle English version of 1 John through Jude is available.
    The url is: http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/14th_century_version.zip
    A fellow BibleWorks user graciously pointed out that I had given credit to the wrong Mark for the 14th C. Middle English version. Sorry Mark Langley for not giving you the credit due you. I have corrected the first post.

Hi Jim,

Please do not think anything of it. Honest mistake and no offense taken.

Mark Langley
    Sovereign Grace Baptist Church of Topeka, KS

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

to. de. r`h/ma Kuri,ou me,nei eivj to.n aivw/na tou/to de, evsti to. r`h/ma to. euvaggelisqe.n eivj u`ma/j