Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Master List Of BW Add-ons Created By Users

Question Does anyone have these files?

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton Branscombe
    The master list of BW add-ons lists an updated version of Brenton's LXX. The direct link does not work, nor do I find it at the list of mirror sites at the bottom. What has been updated in this version and is it available?
    Hello Clinton,

Thanks for reporting the dead link.

If anyone out there has the files and can send them my way, I can re-post them to my site.

Also, if you want more information about the Apostles' Bible, you can take a look at the website: http://www.apostlesbible.com/

Blessings,
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default I've got it

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton Branscombe
    The master list of BW add-ons lists an updated version of Brenton's LXX. The direct link does not work, nor do I find it at the list of mirror sites at the bottom. What has been updated in this version and is it available?

Thanks.
    I've got it.
    http://famechurch.net/bibleworks/apb.zip

Lightbulb Complete Apostles' Bible & Updated LXX Returned!

I just added Paul Esposito's Complete Apostles' Bible This file includes an update of Brenton's translation of the LXX, plus Esposito's own English Majority Text Version.

Paul Esposito describes the Complete Apostles' Bible:
    If the printing press was available 2000 years ago, what would a Bible, carried under the arms of the apostles of Christ, what would it look like? The Complete Apostles' Bible pairs together the a revision of Brenton's English translation of the the Septuagint, with a new translation of the Majority Text. 80% of all Old Testament quotations that the Apostles used in the New Testament come from the Septuagint, this pairing of the Septuagint with the Majority Texts allows us to see would their Bible may have looked like!

I have also added the stand-alone version of Paul Esposito's Update of Brenton's LXX. See the discription at www.apostlesbible.com. Included in the zip file is a verse mapping file provided by Mark Eddy that corrects some differences between Brenton's LXX (LXE in BibleWorks) and the Apostles' Bible (APB).

Enoy!
    Last edited by jdarlack; 10-11-2004 at 05:09 PM.

Default Updated Brenton LXX

Thanks for the link to both more information and to the file itself. I've downloaded it and it complied without any difficulty.

Thanks again,

Default site updated

Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack
    I just added Paul Esposito's Complete Apostles' Bible ..., plus Esposito's own English Majority Text Version. ...I have also added the stand-alone version of Paul Esposito's Update of Brenton's LXX. ...
    bwusers.netfirms.com has been updated with these files.
    Note that you may have to use my mirror site for the time being until I can fix the problem with some links not downloading because they're "too big". http://www.famechurch.net/bibleworks

Cheers
    Last edited by tcblack; 10-11-2004 at 03:17 PM.

Default Apostolic Fathers etc.

I would like to add the Apostolic Fathers to BibleWorks along with the other books mentioned. Please tell me how to do this. Thanks.

Cindy Smith
    cms@RomanCatholic.org
    cms@dragon.com

Delay not your conversion to the Lord,
    put it not off from day to day (Ecclus/Sira 5:8).

Default Instructions on Jim's Site

If you go to Jim Darlack's site: http://www.geocities.com/jimdarlack/page2.html

he has some very nice instructions along with the files you can download.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Exclamation Website with Documentary Hypothesis Coloring!

Quote Originally Posted by semstu
    I am trying to find a way to use software to analyze the so-called "Documentary Hypothesis." I would like to have the text of the Pentatuech displayed with various colors, with each color respresenting a supposed source--Jahwist, Elohist, Priestly, Deuteronomistic, and the various other "redactors" and "sources."

My goal is not just to display the colors on the screen (Richard Friedman's book, "The Bible with Sources Revealed" does this quite well); rather, I want to be able to expand and collapse the individual colors, so that I could look just at the "Jahwist" texts, in sequence, or the "Elohist" texts, and so on. I would like to be able to search for all occurrences of "YHWH" within the non-Jahwistic sources, and vice-versa.

Does anyone know how this could be done--either in Bibleworks or in some other software package?
    This is not yet in BibleWorks, but I found a website that does have the Hebrew text available with color coding according to Friedman's book!

http://users.ntplx.net/~kimball/DH/Tanach.xml

Does anyone have any ideas how to make this work for BW?

Default Macro for converting BWGrkl into Unicode

John Kendall has posted a macro for converting Greek text encoded in the standard BibleWorks Greek font (bwgrkl.ttf) into Unicode.

Thanks John!

See his post: http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=12

~Jim

(PS: I should have shared this with the forum months ago, but I forgot to! Thanks for the reminders from Mark Hoffman and John Kendall. Please accept my apologies for the delay!)

> the Hebrew text available with color coding according to Friedman's book!

Great find! It would be wonderful if this could be added into BibleWorks so that I could search for all the occurrences of a particular word or phrase within (or in some cases without) a particular source or groups of sources.

Do the BibleWorks folks ever team up with a seminary--i.e., would they work out an arrangement with the O.T. department of some seminary, so that the student volunteers could work on something like this for seminary credit?