Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Master List Of BW Add-ons Created By Users

Smile Hopefully...one day...

Quote Originally Posted by semstu
    It would be wonderful if this could be added into BibleWorks so that I could search for all the occurrences of a particular word or phrase within (or in some cases without) a particular source or groups of sources.
    I agree, this would be great. I tried to add the list of verses to the limits, but it made BibleWorks crash...I'll look into it further. That being said, I think that the color files could be converted, and I am talking with Mike Bushell about how to do it. I don't think it will be done very soon, but you can bet that I'll post it when its finished! Of course I have to contact the webmaster for permission as well!

Quote Originally Posted by semstu
    Do the BibleWorks folks ever team up with a seminary--i.e., would they work out an arrangement with the O.T. department of some seminary, so that the student volunteers could work on something like this for seminary credit?
    I think that BibleWorks has done this in the past. You'd want to contact them to do so.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default Quran and Hadeeths

Hi Jim (Darlack),
    I just got onto the Bibleworks Add-on forum and was directed to your site. Mr. Beer has some add-ons which will be very useful to me in my research and I would like to download these add-ons but was unable to. I am on my University wireless network, and so I am going to try again when I get home.
    Are there instructions on how to add on the add-ons? I am using BW6.0 on my Laptop (XPhome) and Desktop (XPpro).
    I have been able to make a most amicable contact with a Muslim scholar of Shari'ah in Canada. He is a Sunni Muslim and has been most helpful in my research on the 9-11th Century debate on foreknowledge and free will within Islam.
    Best regards,
    Richard Chelvan
    University of North Texas
    Graduate History

Quote Originally Posted by ParaWorks
    ...Mr. Beer has some add-ons which will be very useful to me in my research and I would like to download these add-ons but was unable to...
    Hello Richard.
    I am sorry that I have not had a chance to redirect the links on the first post of this tread. The files you are after are mirrored on the following site:
    http://bw-users.netfirms.com
    ~Jim

Lightbulb Ante-Nicene Fathers from CCEL

Michael Hanel and Brian Collins have just compiled vols. 1-5 of the Ante-Nicene Fathers (along with parts of vol. 6) for use with BibleWorks. You can download the zipped file from www.cune.org/michael.hanel/ANF.zip The source file is from Schaff's edition as presented on www.ccel.org. See the following thread for a discussion of the development of this BibleWorks database. If you are interested in helping, there's plenty more to do!

Default Book Names

Fantastic work on the ANF guys!

Has anyone had any problems with adding the book names from the Readme.rtf into books.bna? When I added them I get a notice that my book names have changed and I need to restart BW. This is normal, but it will not restart correctly.

Any thoughts...
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fleener
    Fantastic work on the ANF guys!

Has anyone had any problems with adding the book names from the Readme.rtf into books.bna? When I added them I get a notice that my book names have changed and I need to restart BW. This is normal, but it will not restart correctly.

Any thoughts...
    I actually didn't include the books.bna file on purpose. Mostly because I was having difficulties with it too. None of the book names in the ANF series are set in stone. With the exception of one that I remember off the top of my head, the book names were the ones given by Brian in his initial creation.

The other problem is that different people have different books.bna files and I didn't want to use the bna file i have as a baseline when others might lose books that they have (Quran or Book of Mormon stuff and whatever else) that I don't use. If you know of a better way to run things please let me know, the system is quite flexible.

As an aside, one thing that I notice not having put in the book names to any .bna file is that JDG is read as Judges and TOB is read as Tobit, I imagine this is what causes the conflict, and we could easily rename those if that solves the problem.

Mike
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 10-26-2004 at 10:14 PM.

Talking R. H. Charles' Pseudepigrapha (Partial Edition)

A partial edition of the second volume of R. H. Charles' Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament is now available for use with BibleWorks!

Text available from http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/version/pot.zip
    This file contains the following translations from Charles' edition:
    • The Book of Jubilees (Charles)
    • The Letter of Aristeas (Andrews)
    • The Books of Adam and Eve (Wells); including:The Life of Adam and Eve (a.k.a. Vita Adae et Evae), Apocalypse of Moses, Slavonic Adam and Eve
    • The Martyrdom of Isaiah (Charles)
    • 1 Enoch (Charles)
    • The Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs (Charles); including: Testament of Reuben, Testament of Simeon, Testament of Levi, Testament of Judah, Testament of Issacar, Testament of Zebulun, Testament of Dan, Testament of Naphtali, Testament of Gad, Testament of Asher, Testament of Joseph, Testament of Benjamin
    • The Assumption of Moses (Charles)
    • 2 Enoch, or the Book of the Secrets of Enoch (Forbes and Charles)
    • 2 Baruch, or the Syriac Apocalypse of Baruch (Charles)
    • 3 Baruch, or the Greek Apocalypse of Baruch (Hughes)
    • The Psalms of Solomon (Gray)

As of the posting of this database, the following works, available in Charles' edition have not yet been published in public domain form on the web.
    • The Sibylline Oracles (Lanchester)
    • 4 Ezra (Box)
    • 4 Maccabees (Townshend)
    • Pirke Aboth (Herford)
    • The Story of Ahikhar (Harris, Lewis, Conybeare).
    • The Fragments of a Zadokite Work (Charles).

If you are aware of any public domain and free editions of the above texts, please post the link to this thread so that the file may be included.
    Last edited by jdarlack; 02-14-2007 at 08:26 AM.

Question Versions of Choice

G'day folks.
    Thanks again to Jim and Joe for all the work you put into this list, and thanks, of course, to everyone else, too.

In this running list of add-ons to BibleWorks, we have some different versions of the same thing, I see, such as different versions of the Apostolic Fathers in English.

Is anyone able to enlighten me as to whether a given one is superior to another, or to the different qualities of the various editions?

Thanks!

Default re: R. H. Charles' Pseudepigrapha (Partial Edition)

Jim,

Fantastic work. Thanks for all your efforts.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Talking Yonge's translation of The Works of Philo

Happy New Year!

I've recently finished a preliminary edition of Yonge's translation of the Works of Philo for BibleWorks. The source files were obtained in good faith from Peter Kirby's website www.earlyjewishwritings.com/philo.html. This website claims that the texts are in public domain.

The text is available in a zipped folder for download at http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/philo.yonge.1.zip.

I will announce later revisions as I am able to provide them. Please note the readme.txt file for known issues with the current version. Instructions for installation are also briefly given in the readme.txt file.

Enjoy!