Thread: Statistics Counting Question

Default Statistics Counting Question

I have just done a search in BGM.

I went to the "stats" tab, and the first option is "# vss in bk with hit".

I didn't want just the verses, but the total words in each book, so I tried to change it to: "# hits in bk".

When I did this, an error message came up that read:

"When this search was performed, only verses were counted. To count matches, redo the search as a quote search on the commandline, or with hit/highlighting enabled in the GSE".

My question is, what is a "quote search", and how do I enable it?

I am able to "get around" this by creating a new window under the "options" tab, which allows me to change the statisical viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by jimofbentley View Post
    My question is, what is a "quote search", and how do I enable it?
    Type an apostrophe instead of a period.

Default Solution I was given for the same problem: BW spring cleaning

I had the exact same problem awhile ago. Jim Wert showed me that what was needed was to get BW to do a self-cleanup. Close down BibleWorks, and then (quoted from Jim):

1. Hold down shift key, click on BW9 icon, holding shift until the "BibleWorks Trouple-Shooting Options" window shows up.
    2. Under "Option 1" select "Rebuild Version Data" (This is to get BW to reinitialize stuff without messing up any settings I don't want clobbered. It is the least invasive of the available options.)
    3. Click on "Perform the selected options and run BibleWorks".

This did the trick for me, and it was quite simple to do.
    The entire discussion (with a couple of false side-trails) is here; Jim's answer is in post #8.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Type an apostrophe instead of a period.
    This was my first thought, but it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I had the exact same problem awhile ago. Jim Wert showed me that what was needed was to get BW to do a self-cleanup. Close down BibleWorks, and then (quoted from Jim):
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Hold down shift key, click on BW9 icon, holding shift until the "BibleWorks Trouple-Shooting Options" window shows up.
    1. Under "Option 1" select "Rebuild Version Data" (This is to get BW to reinitialize stuff without messing up any settings I don't want clobbered. It is the least invasive of the available options.)
    2. Click on "Perform the selected options and run BibleWorks".

This did the trick for me, and it was quite simple to do.
    The entire discussion (with a couple of false side-trails) is here; Jim's answer is in post #8.

I didn't need to try the "self-cleanup". When I turned my computer on this morning, everything was working fine again.

I will save your instructions for the next time it happens (this wasn't the first).

Thank you both for your help.