Thread: Serious text issue

Hybrid View

Exclamation Serious text issue

I've reported similar things before, but this time I have a screencast of it. (And alas, I'm using the latest update of BW 8, not 9.)

I was working with Isa 9:1 (Eng ref.) in several translations and the WTT. Mousing over individual words in both WTT and WTM produces radically different and incorrect entries in the info window. It's like the WTM is secretly coded to another verse, white means black, etc.

After mousing over these words in the WTT and lemmas in the WTM, I click to go to the next verse, and it jumps to Jeremiah!

Here's the vid, about 14 MB.

http://cl.ly/1w3L220i3G41360N2S1d

Suggestions?
    Ben

I can't get your screencast to work, unfortunately (it downloads as 13,162,972 bytes titled BW.mov, but when I try to play it nothing displays). Could you post a screenshot here?

This sounds like a problem I had about 3 years ago, using BW 8.0.008f.1. See the discussion here. However, that problem was very quickly fixed with v. 8.0.008i, so I don't know why it would be cropping up again.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

It should open in quicktime or any video player...

Here's a screenshot. Mouse is over kiy, but analysis displays hineh.Name:  Screen Shot 2012-04-19 at 6.36.03 PM.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  378.3 KB
    Ben

I sometimes have the analysis window display get out of synch by one or two words, but I have always attributed that to a problem with my system because a reboot makes it go away. I have never seen anything as far off as this. (I had no trouble running the mov file) Since I have never been able to duplicate the problem on my laptop, I have never reported it.

Can you reproduce the trouble at the same place in the text if you restart BW?
    SkipB

"Ambitious to be well-pleasing unto him"
    RJ Blackburn
    Reformed Episcopal Seminary

http://www.reseminary.edu

Thanks for the screenshot. This is different from the issue I had, which involved the popup word tips. Nevertheless, it is at least somewhat similar behavior.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Rebooting seems to take care of it. I wish I knew what triggered it to get misaligned, though.
    Ben