Thread: Persistent error message: bwupd error code 002

Default Persistent error message: bwupd error code 002

Text of the error message:

"Update process failed because BW couldn't delete the old EXE file. Please close BibleWorks, make sure no other copies of BW are running. Then, try applying the update again. Sometimes, certain system utilities prevent programs from shutting down fully. Please ensure you are not running any system utilities or system accelerators that might prevent BW from shutting down.

Please also make sure that your BW EXE file is not marked read-only. You also must have write permission for the folder and drive on which the BW EXE file resides."

Suffice it to say, I haven't been able to find why BW keeps doing this. I have used BW for a long time, and this problem only started a few weeks ago, but it's been persistent every time I attempt to update. I have tried updating with my antivirus turned off -- same issue. I don't know what changed a few weeks ago.

If anyone has ANY help or suggestions, I would be very grateful.

Hi!

I suggest contacting our Customer Support people for help with this problem. They should be able to work through this issue with you.

You can contact them by clicking on the link in my signature file.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.