Thread: BW9 migration tools

Default BW9 migration tools

Just wanted to say thanks for the new migration tools (Tools > Importing/Exporting Information > Migrate Settings and Files ...) in BW9. Not being aware of these, I had already copied most of my settings over by hand (mentally grousing that I had to do so -- my bad!). But it was great to get the Copy Favorites migrated in this way.

One thing that did not come over was Parallel Versions Favorites. In the migration dialog, I did check "Transfer main INI file (bw?00.ini) option settings where possible." I didn't check "Copy Init Folder files," heeding the warning "not recommended unless you know what you are doing," because I didn't quite. In the end, I manually copied the Parallel Favorites settings from bw800.ini to bw900.ini, without damaging anything apparently.

Anyway, thanks for adding this long-needed function.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Default Thanks, this helps me decide on upgrading to BW9.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for the new migration tools (Tools > Importing/Exporting Information > Migrate Settings and Files ...) in BW9. Not being aware of these, I had already copied most of my settings over by hand (mentally grousing that I had to do so -- my bad!). But it was great to get the Copy Favorites migrated in this way.

One thing that did not come over was Parallel Versions Favorites. In the migration dialog, I did check "Transfer main INI file (bw?00.ini) option settings where possible." I didn't check "Copy Init Folder files," heeding the warning "not recommended unless you know what you are doing," because I didn't quite. In the end, I manually copied the Parallel Favorites settings from bw800.ini to bw900.ini, without damaging anything apparently.

Anyway, thanks for adding this long-needed function.
    Thank you for posting this. I'm currently ruminating whether to merely upgrade to BW9, or to buy a separate version for my new computer (which is now being built). I wondered if as in prior versions, BW9 would make you recreate everything from scratch, a royal pain. Now I know at least some of my Favorites will be preserved, if I merely upgrade. Which I'd prefer, as I don't want to buy most of the modules, yet again, but don't want to run BW without them.
    'brainouty' on Youtube and , http://www.vimeo.com/brainout