Thread: Can I hide tabs in the Analysis Window

Default Can I hide tabs in the Analysis Window

Is it possible to hide some of the tabs in the Analysis Window in BW9?

Some of them I rarely use, so I would prefer it if they were not displayed.

Stephen.

I can't say if that's possible or not, but I while I was investigating, I did discover something that might help you.

If you right click the red rectange, you can unclick "wrap tabs." Then you can re-order them by drag & drop. If you move your unused tabs to the right, they will generally not be visible. Yeah, the number of tabs visible varies with the window size, so it depends on how many tabs you actually want visible, how wide you have your analysis window, etc.

But it might do the trick for you.

Nice suggestion! That works better for me as well.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Thanks arggem - I already knew I could reorder tabs.

When I got BW9, I treated myself to a nice widescreen monitor to show the 4 columns well - but this means the tabs are always showing.

Some of the tabs I rarely use - it would be nice if I could choose which ones were displayed, but I suspect it is not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by arggem View Post
    I can't say if that's possible or not, but I while I was investigating, I did discover something that might help you.

If you right click the red rectange, you can unclick "wrap tabs." Then you can re-order them by drag & drop. If you move your unused tabs to the right, they will generally not be visible. Yeah, the number of tabs visible varies with the window size, so it depends on how many tabs you actually want visible, how wide you have your analysis window, etc.

But it might do the trick for you.
    I can't find any 'red rectangle', but I'm still on BW8, at the moment. Is this 'red rectangle' a feature in BW9? Thank you for your time.
    'brainouty' on Youtube and , http://www.vimeo.com/brainout

Yep, this whole thread is really a BW 9 discussion. The "red rectangle" lets you split the Analysis Window in 2 so that you can have, say, a stats tab and an analysis or verses tab open side by side.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Yep, this whole thread is really a BW 9 discussion. The "red rectangle" lets you split the Analysis Window in 2 so that you can have, say, a stats tab and an analysis or verses tab open side by side.
    I can't see any red rectangle in BW8. So I'm at a loss to understand what is meant. Maybe it's not a feature until 9? Tell you what: I'm buying BW9, am salivating over the codices; when I go to install it, maybe I'll see what you mean. I don't want to waste your time, further. Thank you for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by brainout View Post
    I can't see any red rectangle in BW8. So I'm at a loss to understand what is meant. Maybe it's not a feature until 9? Tell you what: I'm buying BW9, am salivating over the codices; when I go to install it, maybe I'll see what you mean. I don't want to waste your time, further. Thank you for your time!
    Brainout, I think you misunderstood--it is a BW9 only feature.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Yes, Lee, I see that now. Thank you!

I still find myself asking Stephen's original question : is there any way of removing some of the tabs? (other than closing the fourth pane.) For instance, I personally don't find the "version" tab to be extraordinarily helpful and wouldn't mind removing it if there were a way to do it--especially as the same information can be found in the analysis window by hovering the mouse over the version identifier, if one really wants it.

I'm assuming the answer is no for the moment, but the question seemed worth asking.

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France