Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
That was a brutal, brutal series for the Cardinals. They went the way of the Reds. Such a disappointment. But I think they'll still have a good team in years to come. Although their pitching is really aging.

In the World Series, I'll pick the Tigers to swat the Giants, but I don't have nearly as much interest in following the big show since my teams are now out.
To see the Cardinals up 3-1, and then lose. That was a great surprise, and a dissapointment. I though for sure that they were going to make it.

And, as much as I hate to say it because I have never been a fan of the Giants, I think that they might just take it all (which would serve me right because of my prediction at the beginning of the season that they wouldn't even make the playoffs).

The five day lay-off for the Tigers can be both a blessing and a curse.

Blessing in that they are well rested, and any niggling injuries should now be dealt with.

Curse, in that the edge needed to go full steam from the start might not be there, not through any fault of their own, but simply because playing against an opponent is different to taking batting or fielding practice, or pitching a "simulated" game in the bullpen.

On an interesting side-note. Even though the Giants (18 times) and the Tigers (10 times) have appeared in 28 of the 107 World Series, this will be the first time that they have played each other.