Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update problem

Quote Originally Posted by Biagio View Post
    I am having a similar problem. After updating, BibleWorks 9 opens, attempts to update a database, stops working and then not longer functions. I have to terminate the process in Task Manager. Then I start it up again and it does the same exact thing. Can any one help?

I've got the same problem!

Andrew Chuter

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Chuter View Post
    I've got the same problem!

Andrew Chuter
    Hi folks,

I've got the same problem too!

After installing the latest update (now it is Version 9.0.008v.1) I get this message:
    "Rebuilding MDB file: bgt.mdb
    BibleWorks is performing the specified update tasks. After these tasks have been completed BibleWorks will restart automatically."

But during this process - after two or three minutes - BibleWorks is crashing and closing down.

What can I do?

Thomas J. Schaum
    Germany

Cool Temporary workaround

To temporarily avoid the crash loop, go into the init directory in BibleWorks 9 and click on the latest BW9 executable file (mine is 9.0.008s-bw900lg.exe). The program will work fine and avoid running the file update routine that crashes the software.

Alternatively, Mike Bushell will no doubt post an update ASAP which fixes it.

Default Thanks to Bob

Thanks for your help, Bob
    David McKay

My thanks, as well.
    Dan Witte

Default Temporary work-around

I'm sorry that you experienced this crash bug. I have been able to reproduce it, and have sent a message to our programmers about it. I expect that a fix will be coming shortly.

Until a fix is posted, you can revert to an earlier executable by doing the following:

With BibleWorks closed, hold down your Shift key and click on the BibleWorks icon to open the program. This opens the Troubleshooting window. At the bottom, under Option 3, there is a button that says "Restore Previous Version (restore checkpoint)". Click this button.

In the BibleWorks Checkpoints window, scroll to the bottom of the checkpoints and select the last checkpoint. Now click the button that says "Restore the selected checkpoint". This causes BibleWorks to restart, using the previous executable file, ini file, and context files.

This should return you to the state of BibleWorks before the last update. If you continue to have problems, you can contact our Customer Support for further help, via the link in my signature line.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Last edited by Glenn Weaver; 03-30-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Witte View Post
    My thanks, as well.
    Dan Witte
    And thanks from me!
    Andrew

Thanks Glenn! I had that problem this morning, came here, and found the answer. I'm still working on Sunday's message, and you just made my day much better!

Default Thanks

Wow! Never saw such a good and simple way to restore an older Version. brilliant :-) Thanks. You saved my day!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    I'm sorry that you experienced this crash bug. I have been able to reproduce it, and have sent a message to our programmers about it. I expect that a fix will be coming shortly.

Until a fix is posted, you can revert to an earlier executable by doing the following:

With BibleWorks closed, hold down your Shift key and click on the BibleWorks icon to open the program. This opens the Troubleshooting window. At the bottom, under Option 3, there is a button that says "Restore Previous Version (restore checkpoint)". Click this button.

In the BibleWorks Checkpoints window, scroll to the bottom of the checkpoints and select the second-to-last checkpoint. Now click the button that says "Restore the selected checkpoint". This causes BibleWorks to restart, using the previous executable file, ini file, and context files.

This should return you to the state of BibleWorks before the last update. If you continue to have problems, you can contact our Customer Support for further help, via the link in my signature line.

Blessings,
    Glenn

I edited my earlier post to say to restore the "last" checkpoint, rather than the "second-to-last checkpoint".

I agree that the system to revert to an earlier version is very nice. The BW programmers did a nice job on this. It isn't needed very much, it really comes in handy when it is needed!

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.