Thread: Update problem

Hybrid View

Default Update problem

I just updated my BW9 from the recommended updates. Now, every time I try to look up a command line word or phrase, it is very laggggggggggy, which was never a problem before. I type the command line ".Paul", for example, and when I hit "P" it takes about 10 seconds before I can type the next letter.

Is anyone else having this problem? How do I resolve this?

Thanks!

Shane

I have the latest updates and don't experience any lag. Not sure what the problem would be, it sounds like a database problem if it has to do with the searching, but I'd advise contacting their official tech support to see if they know what it is.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by smkraeger View Post
    I just updated my BW9 from the recommended updates. Now, every time I try to look up a command line word or phrase, it is very laggggggggggy, which was never a problem before. I type the command line ".Paul", for example, and when I hit "P" it takes about 10 seconds before I can type the next letter.

Is anyone else having this problem? How do I resolve this?

Thanks!

Shane
    It is unlikely that it is a BibleWorks problem, though all things are possible in cyberspace! SOmething like this happens periodically to me and it is usually some system service that has decided to start up, like a virus checker or defragger. You could initialize youe BW ini file just to be sure, but there have been no reports of a widespread problem of this nature. When it happens check your drive light and see if it is indication high drive usage.

Mike

Default Keyboard Problem

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    It is unlikely that it is a BibleWorks problem, though all things are possible in cyberspace! SOmething like this happens periodically to me and it is usually some system service that has decided to start up, like a virus checker or defragger. You could initialize youe BW ini file just to be sure, but there have been no reports of a widespread problem of this nature. When it happens check your drive light and see if it is indication high drive usage.

Mike
    Well, I guess I missed that one. There were other reports of this and with an ini in hand I investigated. For some yet unknown reason the the Keyboard Layout id for English was being overwritten with an invaild id. I posted a new exe that will cause the Keyboard Layout id list to be reinitialized.

Since I don't know what caused it, I cannot guarantee it won't happen again. If it does just go to the Keyboard Layout window (the button on the buttonbar that looks like a keyboard key) and select a vaild English keyboard layout for the English language. In the mean time I will continue to investigate.

If you see the problem again send me a message please with your e-mail address.

Mike

Hey Mike,

For those of us who haven't yet done the most recent update, would you recommend that we hold off on doing so pending the results of your further investigation?

Thanks,

Irving

Default Is is safe?

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Hey Mike,

For those of us who haven't yet done the most recent update, would you recommend that we hold off on doing so pending the results of your further investigation?

Thanks,

Irving
    There haven't been any new reports of the issue so I think it it safe. But I will be monitoring the forums over the weekend (not the Lord's Day though) and will respond quickly if there are problems. But so far looks good. There has been a lot of activity lately because we are working through a long list of backlogged bug reports.

Mike

Thanks, Mike.

Irving