Thread: Error in aland.sdf #273

Exclamation Error in aland.sdf #273

In working with the stories of the "cleansing" of the temple in all four gospels, I've discovered an error in the synopsis file aland.sdf. It affects that file and all others that are based on it, e.g., aland (greek).sdf, including any customized synopsis files based on that file that may have been created by users. The file is located at \init\aland.sdf below the BibleWorks program folder.

The issue is in item #273, which reads:
    273. The Cleansing of the Temple | Mat 21:12-13 | Mar 11:15-17 | Luk 19:45-46 | John 2:13-17

The last entry should be "Joh 2:13-17" (using the abbreviation "Joh" instead of the full name "John"). The synopsis tool will not process the entry with the full name "John," and the John column will not be updated. I've attached a screenshot showing the appearance of the synopsis after moving from #274 to #273: the John column still shows the passages for #274.

The fix is to edit the .sdf file at that point, either using the BibleWorks synopsis tool (File > Edit) or a text editor such as Notepad. To be on the safe side, it might be a good idea to save a copy of the original file under another name, in case you make a mistake in the editing.

As far as I can tell, this is the only instance in aland.sdf in which a gospel citation is given using the full name rather than the 3-letter abbreviation.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DavidR; 02-27-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia