Thread: Dana and Mantey Grammer

Default Dana and Mantey Grammer

Hi There -
    This is my first post to this fine forum, and it concerns a modest request.

I recently contacted BW about adding a few books to the library. One book is, "A Manual Grammer of the Greek New Testament" - Dana and Mantey. I think that this would be a great addition to BW.

I mentioned that I had E-mailed MACMILLAN Publishing about giving BW permission to develop this book for the BW program. BW General Manager, Rick Gross, said that "We'd be happy to work with MACMILLAN on including this work". He then suggested that I post a request on the BW forum to other members about contacting MACMILLAN and expressing an interest in getting this grammer included in BW.

Sooo, if anyone else would like to have Dana and Mantey,s Grammer added to the BW library, here is the E-mail address (the only one I could find) - customerservice@mpsvirginia.com.

Thanks guys,
    Ron

While in general I think having more grammars is always better than having fewer, have you had any indication that it could actually be done at an affordable price? I looked it up at Amazon and the list price was over $100!! I would support the idea of it if it were reasonable, but that's a really unreasonable price for such a short grammar.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Wow! I can't believe that they are asking that much! I too, would enjoy having it in BW but if it was anything close to that price I will be content to just refer to my old paper copy.

From what I've seen on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and BookFinder, I suspect that the book is out of print, and those $100 + prices are being asked by private booksellers offering new or like-new previously owned copies (the price reflecting scarcity). In that case, the money would not be going to Macmillan.

The book is probably still under copyright, but if Macmillan is not keeping it in print, they might figure it was better to get anything at all from BW to add it (for approximately 0 effort on Macmillan's part) than to have it be completely unproductive. If it's still in print, though, that would be a different story.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia