Thread: New Wallace Grammar Update Available

Hybrid View

Default New Wallace Grammar Update Available

We have released a new version of Wallace's Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament. This was the first module that we produced and it was done before any decent editing tools were available. It has long needed to be reworked. The grammar has now been completely reformatted and cleaned up. A number of usability features have been added and the Greek font is now in Unicode Greek. It uses the Unicode Greek specified in the BibleWorks Setup | Fonts window. The default CHM font size can also be changed. Thanks to Glenn Weaver for his work on this module. It is available for free download to BibleWorks 9 users.

Name:  esnt1.png
Views: 716
Size:  147.4 KB

Would this be available to BW8 users as well ?

Thanks,
    -Andley.

He said it was available to BibleWorks 9 users, which would seem to imply exclusivity. Generally if they receive updates to texts that were given to them by the publishers free of charge, those updates might be available for older versions, but when it's an update that cost money, it's only available for the latest version. The cost of upgrading is what helps make these kinds of improvements possible.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by andley View Post
    Would this be available to BW8 users as well ?

Thanks,
    -Andley.
    I will check with Glenn to see if that is possible. It supports new features that are not available in BW8 so it is mainly a question of how smoothly they degrade under 8 - and if they cause crashing. If we do make it available in 8 you wouldn't be able to change the fonts used by the module. Stay tuned.

Mike

Thanks, Mike.

Default Wallace for BW8

Thanks, Mike.
    You are welcome.

I posted the Wallace update for BibleWorks 8. Please note that you cannot change the fonts though. That requires BibleWorks 9. But you do have a more consistently formatted text and Unicode Greek. We haven't tested this much with BibleWorks 8 but it seems to be OK.

Mike

Mike,

I download the update in BW8 with "check for update", but ESNT.chm under \databases remains unchanged(both file size and date).
    and then I look at the html of few pages in ESNT.chm and find they are still not unicode yet.

could you pls help ?

Thanks again!
    -Andley.

Mike,

I download the update in BW8 with "check for update", but ESNT.chm under \databases remains unchanged(both file size and date).
    and then I look at the html of few pages in ESNT.chm and find they are still not unicode yet.

could you pls help ?

Thanks again!
    -Andley.
    Try it now. I think they were being copied to the wrong directory. So you may have an extra set of ESNT in the BW root directory. You can delete them if you want.

Mike

Thanks a lot !!
    it works now