Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: BW9 browse window and analysis browse tab not synching

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    383

    Default BW9 browse window and analysis browse tab not synching

    I just installed my BW9 upgrade from BW8. I love the new ability to split the analysis window into two sets of tabs. I'm having one problem, though. I can't seem to get the main browse window and the Browse tab in the analysis window to synch (i.e., so that when I change verses in the browse window, the corresponding verse also displays at the top of the browse tab in the analysis window). It doesn't matter whether I have the analysis window split in two or not

    In the browse tab Options button, I have Synch Browser on Verse Change checked. I've looked for the Synchronize Tab Browser button on the Browse tab header, mentioned in the Help system, but I can't find it.

    Perhaps there's some other simple setting I'm overlooking, but I'd appreciate it if someone could point it out to me. Thanks.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    ...In the browse tab Options button, I have Synch Browser on Verse Change checked. I've looked for the Synchronize Tab Browser button on the Browse tab header, mentioned in the Help system, but I can't find it. Perhaps there's some other simple setting I'm overlooking, but I'd appreciate it if someone could point it out to me. Thanks.
    Okay, give this a try...
    Name:  Browse Window Options Pic one.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  365.0 KB

    Name:  Browse Window Options Pic two.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  237.2 KB
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Thanks. I tried that (and the other two Tab Version settings), and it seems to make no difference.

    Experimentation shows this: When I go to the Analysis tab and uncheck Update Only When Shift Key Depressed, then the Browse tab synchs to the Browse Window when I change the Browse Window verse by clicking the up and down navigation arrows (or whatever they're properly called). When I check Update Only When Shift Key Depressed in the Analysis tab (my actual preference), then this synching does not occur, and the Browse tab synchs to the Browse Window when and only when I hold down Shift and move the mouse over any text in the Browse Window.

    When I change the verse by using the drop-down verse list, there is no synching until I click the up or down arrow. When I change the verse using the command line, nothing will cause synching at all, not even clicking the navigation arrows.

    This is very different behavior from BW8, and in my opinion very undesirable. I hope that this is something that can be fixed in an update. But are you seeing normal verse synching behavior?
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    471

    Default http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=27019

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    ... But are you seeing normal verse synching behavior?
    Yes, it appears to be working as it should for me.
    I am currently using BibleWorks Version 9.0.005f.1(SH)

    If neither the Synch Browser on Mouse change & the Synch Browers on Verse change option make a difference for you, you should probably call for tech support.
    You can send a request for support at the following Link
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    Yes, it appears to be working as it should for me.
    I am currently using BibleWorks Version 9.0.005f.1(SH)

    If neither the Synch Browser on Mouse change & the Synch Browers on Verse change option make a difference for you, you should probably call for tech support.
    You can send a request for support at the following Link
    Yeah, it looks like I'd better do that I'm on Version 9.0.006q.l (SH), the result of a new installation and an immediate update. If I were you, I wouldn't update till this is resolved.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Hi David,

    I am unable to reproduce the problem that you are experiencing. The syncing works properly whether I use the Command Line, the drop-down verse selection, or the spin buttons in the Browse Window.

    In the Browse Tab I have checked the following settings:
    -- Sync Browser on Mouse Change
    -- Sync Browser on Verse Change
    -- Tab Display Versions Mirror Main Browser Versions

    If these settings do not work for you, then I suggest closing BibleWorks, then renaming the bw900.ini, then restart BW. This main restore the proper functionality for you. If not, then I suggest contacting Customer Support.

    Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

    For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    839

    Default Browse Tab Synching

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I just installed my BW9 upgrade from BW8. I love the new ability to split the analysis window into two sets of tabs. I'm having one problem, though. I can't seem to get the main browse window and the Browse tab in the analysis window to synch (i.e., so that when I change verses in the browse window, the corresponding verse also displays at the top of the browse tab in the analysis window). It doesn't matter whether I have the analysis window split in two or not

    In the browse tab Options button, I have Synch Browser on Verse Change checked. I've looked for the Synchronize Tab Browser button on the Browse tab header, mentioned in the Help system, but I can't find it.

    Perhaps there's some other simple setting I'm overlooking, but I'd appreciate it if someone could point it out to me. Thanks.
    This isn't really a bug. It was just a design decision to have the tab browse window mimic the analysis window behavior with regard to automatic updating. Sometime there are so many configuration options that certain configurations collide. I changed the behavior so that the current behavior only applies to updates when mousing around the main browse window. Otherwise it should now behave as I think you want it to. I hope this works better for you.

    God bless,

    Mike

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    383

    Thumbs up Yay!

    Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    This isn't really a bug. It was just a design decision to have the tab browse window mimic the analysis window behavior with regard to automatic updating. Sometime there are so many configuration options that certain configurations collide. I changed the behavior so that the current behavior only applies to updates when mousing around the main browse window. Otherwise it should now behave as I think you want it to. I hope this works better for you.
    Thanks bunches, Mike!

    I outlined the actual problem better in this slightly subsequent post, which I would summarize as follows:
    When Update Only When Shift Key Depressed was unchecked in the Analysis tab, then the Browse tab would synch to the Browse Window when I changed verses by clicking the spinners, but when Update Only When Shift Key Depressed (my preference) was checked, the Browse tab would synch to the Browse Window only when I held down Shift and moused over text in the Browse Window. When I changed verses using the drop-down verse list, there was no synch until I clicked the spinners, and when I changed verses using the Command Line, nothing would cause synching.

    The problem, thus, was that I wanted to have Update Only When Shift Key Depressed checked and still have synching of the Browse tab to the main Browse Window when I changed a verse, whether by clicking a spinner, using the drop-down list or the command line, or clicking on a different tab in the Search Window. The change you've made produces this behavior, whose main advantage (for me) is that the synching happens, but text in the Analysis tab or Verse tab does not fly all over the place as I move my mouse across the Browse Window and Browse tab. I could prevent that by holding Shift (with Update Only When Shift Key Depressed unchecked), but I find this much easier and more intuitive. It's just so much easier on the eyes and the brain (my eyes and brain, anyway) not to have all that movement in those tabs. And of course all this develops from the great ability in BW 9 to split the Analysis Window and have a Browse tab and an Analysis or Verse tab (or whatever) open side-by-side.

    Thanks again, and God bless!
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •