Thread: One more synching request

Default One more synching request

With the greatest gratitude to Mike for the synching fix mentioned in this post, and feeling really churlish to ask for more ... I nevertheless plow ahead, and ask for one more thing.

I like moving among tabs in the Search Window with the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab. However, I find that this does not synch the Browse tab in the Analysis Window to the main Browse Window. The Browse Window follows the new Search Window tab, but the Browse tab in the Analysis Window continues to display the text as defined by the previously-used Search Window tab. (Clear?) To get the Analysis Window Browse tab to synch to the new Browse Window display, I have to do one of the following: with Update Only When Shift Key Depressed in the Analysis Window right-click options checked, I have to click in the Browse Window somewhere while pressing Shift; with Update Only When Shift Key Depressed unchecked, I merely have to click in the Browse Window somewhere.

Admittedly, this is very little to have to do! But it would seem natural that the Browse tab in the Analysis Window would automatically synch to the Browse Window when changing Search Window tabs with the keyboard shortcut, as it does when changing those tabs with a mouse click.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Default Synching Request

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    With the greatest gratitude to Mike for the synching fix mentioned in this post, and feeling really churlish to ask for more ... I nevertheless plow ahead, and ask for one more thing.

I like moving among tabs in the Search Window with the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab. However, I find that this does not synch the Browse tab in the Analysis Window to the main Browse Window. The Browse Window follows the new Search Window tab, but the Browse tab in the Analysis Window continues to display the text as defined by the previously-used Search Window tab. (Clear?) To get the Analysis Window Browse tab to synch to the new Browse Window display, I have to do one of the following: with Update Only When Shift Key Depressed in the Analysis Window right-click options checked, I have to click in the Browse Window somewhere while pressing Shift; with Update Only When Shift Key Depressed unchecked, I merely have to click in the Browse Window somewhere.

Admittedly, this is very little to have to do! But it would seem natural that the Browse tab in the Analysis Window would automatically synch to the Browse Window when changing Search Window tabs with the keyboard shortcut, as it does when changing those tabs with a mouse click.
    OK. I gave it a shot. Grab the latest exe.
    The danger is that responding this way will initiate a flood of requests. So I would encourage others to submit requests through normal channels or wait until the next time that I feel an uncontrollable urge to respond to a forum request.

God bless,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    OK. I gave it a shot. Grab the latest exe.
    The danger is that responding this way will initiate a flood of requests. So I would encourage others to submit requests through normal channels or wait until the next time that I feel an uncontrollable urge to respond to a forum request.

God bless,
    Mike
    Mike, you're the greatest! That's exactly what I was hoping for.

I apologize for making my request in this forum, if this is not the place. Honestly, I've lost track of what the "normal channels" are. An e-mail to tech support? Can you remind me?

Many thanks again!
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Default Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Mike, you're the greatest! That's exactly what I was hoping for.

I apologize for making my request in this forum, if this is not the place. Honestly, I've lost track of what the "normal channels" are. An e-mail to tech support? Can you remind me?

Many thanks again!
    David,

No apology needed. People are free to state their wishes anywhere they want. It's just that the forum is not an official support channel and no response from BibleWorks staff is guaranteed. The official way to communicate with us is through phone calls and tech support e-mail. A number of BibleWorks personnel frequent the forums and occasionally we respond directly to requests here. But if we did it all the time it would get into the way of the forum's real purpose, which is to provide a way for BibleWorks users to talk to each other. Still, it is fun to occasionally pop in and satisfy a request. I also monitor the forums after program updates are posted just to make sure that an executable update hasn't caused serious problems for users. So if we post a new program executable and it causes serious problems, it never hurts to say something here.

Mike

Thanks, Mike, for the clarification -- and for taking the time to check in here as often as you do!
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia