Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do I have to buy a Windows Program in order to make Parallels work on my mac

Scott,

I gotcha. Merry Christmas by the way.

Irving

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Scott,

I gotcha. Merry Christmas by the way.

Irving
    Batck atcha!

To you, Irving, and all my other online BW friends, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

If any of you are in my neck of the woods on Christmas Eve, come on over. I can guarantee you my wife will be friendly. Me? Who knows? I might be grumpy, or I might be nice, but either way, Jesus came on this day!

(at least, this day is the day we celebrate his coming!)

Thanks Scott.

Default Windows for Parallels

If you are a student or teacher, you can get Windows (according to our seminary tech) for about $60. I think having BW on your Mac would be worth it. I just got a Mac at school last fall and run BW on Fusion. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Plr View Post
    I am about ready to return my Bible works program tomorrow if I discover that I have to buy a Windows program in addition to a Parallels program. Do I have to buy a Windows program in order to make parallels work?

I am a little disgusted.

Default BW on a Mac, Linux

Hi All,

Just FYI we are now formally investigating the possibility of officially spporting BibleWorks running on third party emulators on Mac and Linux. So far what we find looks promising. Re the question of this thread, BibleWorks does run under CrossOver, whch does not rquire a Windows license. Crossover is not free but it is not expensive either. It does have some problems, specifically with CHM files, but we are hopeful that we will eventually have a good, supported solution for our Mac and Linux users. I can't give any dates. The best I can do is tell you that this is something that we are now taking seriously.

Mike Bushell
    BibleWorks
    Last edited by MBushell; 01-10-2012 at 11:49 AM.

This is great news. Thank you so much.

Red face

Thank you Thank you Thank you!
    BW ranks top in my programs, but I "have to" live in a Mac world now.

Where do I sign up on a waitlist for a Mac-ported Bibleworks?
    Do you take a deposit?

Agree. This is great news

Default Hold them horses

Quote Originally Posted by ingosorke View Post
    Where do I sign up on a waitlist for a Mac-ported Bibleworks?
    Do you take a deposit?
    Whoaah guys. Hold them horses. I did NOT say we were planning a Mac or Linux port. I just said we were planning on supporting those already running BibleWorks on emulators on Mac and Linux. In other words, our plans are to make whatever changes are needed in exisitng code so that all BW features will be available and we will be testing the emulators ourselves so we can assist people who have problems. Our position on doing a code conversion to Mac or Linux has not changed. It is not currently planned. We expect that Windows 8 will keep us busy for a while.

Mike

My horses are held. But this is great news. Also, I never knew about CrossOver. Running a free 30 day trial now, and all of a sudden, I have BibleWorks back on my Mac. Thank you!!!