Thread: Analysis Window: The Words Tab in WTM

Default Analysis Window: The Words Tab in WTM

Why does the "Copy List to Clipboard" option flip the order of Hebrew words?

Assuming you are using BW9, the default export option is to export Hebrew as Unicode. In Unicode the Hebrew reads right to left, so the numbers appear on the left side of the words. If you uncheck the option to export Hebrew as Unicode, so that the Hebrew is exported using the Bwhebb TrueType font, then Hebrew appears on the left and the numbers on the right.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

Thanks, Glenn.

What I meant was that the order of the Hebrew letters is reversed. In other words, עץ appears as צע, which makes it hard to read. I tried it with the Unicode export on and off, with the same results.

What program are you exporting the Hebrew to?
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Try the latest exe

Hi dmiller,

Assuming you are using BW9, please update to the latest exe. (You can access the latest update by selecting Help on the main BW menu, then select Bibleworks on the Internet, then select Check for Updates. In the updater window check the box next to the latest exe update, then click the button to apply the update.)

I did experience the problem you mentioned with the Bwhebb font, but the latest exe does not seem to have this problem, at least on my system. If you could try that and let us know if this solves the problem for you, that would be great!

Thanks!
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Hi Glenn,

I just upgraded to the latest executable...and the problem is still there. (I'm running Bibleworks 9 on Windows 7 64 bit, exporting to Microsoft Word 2010.)

Hi dmiller,

I contacted one of our programmers, and he is unable to reproduce the problem you are experiencing. He asked if you could send to us the following files:

-- bw900.ini (located in the main BibleWorks 9 directory)
    -- all of the SWC files (located in the BibleWorks 9 / init directory)

Please copy these files and zip them. Then, if you would email them to me at gweaver at your favorite bible software .com .

Thanks!
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Default new EXE fixes the problem

Hi David,

There is a new BW 9 exe update available that should fix the problem you experienced with exporting the WTM from the Words Tab.

To obtain the free update, select "Help" from the main menu, then select "BibleWorks on the Internet | Check for updates". Check the box for the latest exe, then click the button to download and apply the update.

Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Thanks, Glenn and team. Problem solved.