Thread: Export bwtransh font as unicode?

Default Export bwtransh font as unicode?

I've done as thorough a search as I can on this, but can't find it addressed:

Is there any kind of mechanism (even a Word macro that someone has) that would permit automated conversion of text in the "bwtransh.ttf" font into unicode? If not, I might attempt creating such a macro myself, but I'm hoping that it already exists.....

Thanks!
    David.

Default Macro for unicode Bwtransh

Dear David,

I am also looking for the Bwtransh text in unicode. Have you maybe created the macro that you talked about.

Thank you very much,

L

Default Word macro for converting Bwtransh to unicode

Shalom!

As I couldn't locate a macro for converting Bwtransh to unicode, I created one. The code could probably be improved (I'm not trained in VB) but the output seems to be fine (though I'd always recommend keeping a back-up copy of your original text, and checking the output).

The attached file includes the macro in two formats (depending on which type of accent mark you prefer) together with explanatory notes.

Since creating the macro last week, I have personally decided to change my own copy of the macro so that the output font is Times New Roman (instead of Arial Unicode MS), but this is just a personal preference. The attached macro will output Arial Unicode MS, so if like me you want Times New Roman (or another unicode font) you'll have to change it yourself.

I hope that this macro will be of help.

Please let me know if you have any queries, or suggestions for improvements.

Kind regards,

John
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jcpsmith; 05-04-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Thanks for the macro, John!
    I added it to the collection of legacy Greek font to Unicode converters on this page.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Default Updated macro that incorporates ḥōlem māl + metheg (̩)

You're very welcome, Mark!

I'm now attaching an updated version that includes ḥōlem māl + metheg (̩).

Shalom!

John

Default Updated macro that incorporates shewa + metheg (ə̩)

I've located another character combination and added it to the macro so that it correctly converts Bwtransh shewa + metheg to unicode (ə̩).

John
    Last edited by jcpsmith; 05-18-2013 at 11:07 AM.