Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Macro for converting Unicode into ASCII?

Quote Originally Posted by pgons
    (1) A word with a smooth breathing mark and a grave on the same letter results in a smooth breathing mark (or an apostrophe) with no accent after the letter. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Hi Phil,
    It looks like the problem here is with your auto-format as you type settings in Word. For the accents to work properly in BWGRKL, one must turn off the "Turn Quotes into Smart Quotes" settings off. Otherwise, it will change a simple apostrophe into a right-apostrophe and a simple quotation mark into a right-quotation mark. Hence, it looks like a smooth breathing mark (a right-apostrophe) following the letter, rather than the correct accent.
    (2) Spaces in between letters do not get converted to bwgrkl. This is not that big of a deal, but it's just something I noticed.
    Regarding this issue, you could simply do a find-replace for any white space in between BWGRKL letters (after you ran the first macro), and then replace it with "find text" (usually ^&) in the BWGRKL font.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Thanks for the great macros. I've been wanting to figure out a way to convert bwgrkl to unicode. The converion from bwgrkl to unicode seems to work very well! Two things I've noticed with the conversion from unicode to bwgrkl: (1) A word with a smooth breathing mark and a grave on the same letter results in a smooth breathing mark (or an apostrophe) with no accent after the letter. Has anyone else noticed this? (2) Spaces in between letters do not get converted to bwgrkl. This is not that big of a deal, but it's just something I noticed. Thanks again for the great macros!
    Glad they've been of help Phil. I'd be the first to confess the limitations of the unicode to bwgrkl macro - see the disclaimers in my earlier post. However, I think Jim's post should solve problem (1). Problem (2) is intentional. As the warnings in my earlier post explain, this macro was a quick fix for some files with mixed English and Greek text. I didn't want all the white spaces in the English text converted to bwgrkl.

Despite its limitations, the macro is very fully commented and should provide enough information for you to adapt it according to your needs.

John
    --
    John Kendall
    Cardiff
    Wales

Jim and John,

Thanks for the clarification. That answers both questions. Thank you both very much.

Phil Gons

Default Macro for BibleWorks Hebrew font to Unicode?

Does anyone have such a macro, or know where I might learn how to create one?

Thank you,
    xyvmh [wvy ~vb ~wlv
    www.hebrew4christians.com

Quote Originally Posted by John Parsons
    Does anyone have such a macro, or know where I might learn how to create one?

Thank you,
    http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604

I was looking for the same utility... this may or may not work, but I found this link while searching the forum.

Default BWtoUC Macro

Hello John Kendall,

Am I allowed to use parts of your macros in another word-macro i want to share with my fellow students at my seminary?

I`m creating a combined macro for converting fonts from BW and E-sword to UniCode an vice versa.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by MickZ
    Hello John Kendall,

Am I allowed to use parts of your macros in another word-macro i want to share with my fellow students at my seminary?

I`m creating a combined macro for converting fonts from BW and E-sword to UniCode an vice versa.
    Hi Michael,

I posted it for anyone to use as they wish. I'm just glad that my initial clunky efforts at playing with macros are of use to someone!

It may be that your macro will be useful for other Bibleworks users. Perhaps when it's complete you might be willing to post it here.

God bless,

John

Default mACROS

Thanks a lot, John !!!

I`m working on it!

God bless you!

Michael

I'm looking for some assistance with this. I ran the macro on a Word document but nothing happened. I then double-checked and saw that the font in my document is bwgrkn not bwgrkl. I'm guessing this is why it didn't work.

Does anyone know of a macro to convert bwgrkn to unicode?

I think this thread has what you're looking for.

In that macro though you'll probably have to change "bwgrkl" to "bwgrkn" if that's what you're using.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!