Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Narrate WTT Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by karl View Post
    The BW abbreviation is "Sol" (don't know why), the folder is named "Son" (C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 9\HebrewAudioBible\Son).
    Thanks Karl, for speaking up on this!

I just checked the files on the server, and indeed the folder inside the Sol.zip file was named Son instead of Sol. The file for Judges was in the same boat. I've changed the folder within the Jdg.zip file so it is now named Jdg rather than Jud.

So, for anyone to do a local installation, be sure to check all folders once you've unzipped them to make sure that they have the correct BW book names as the folder names (Jdg, not Jud; Sol, not Son). Otherwise the links won't work. If you happen to run into any other incorrectly named folders within those zip files, let me know so I can change them on the server.
    Last edited by jdarlack; 11-09-2012 at 08:54 AM. Reason: clarification
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default Greek Too!

Perhaps this is stating the obvious, but you can also set up a "Narrate BYZ/WHT/BNT Link." Just set up a file folder in BW called "GreekAudioBible," download Greek audio files (such as those found here) into sub-folders named by book, and use the External Link Manager to add the Narrate Greek Link (as shown at http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/?p=1102, making appropriate changes for Greek).
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Dear Friends,
    thank you ! I renamed the Song of Salomo File and it works now.
    Lee, could you provide a screenshot of your External Link Manager for the Greek Audio files ? I don't now, how to configure it. That would be helpful.
    Thank you so far....
    Peter, Germany
    www.streitenberger.com

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Lee, could you provide a screenshot of your External Link Manager for the Greek Audio files ? I don't now, how to configure it. That would be helpful.
    Name:  Narrate BYZ Chapter.PNG
Views: 79
Size:  56.6 KB

The entirety of the "Parameters" reads: "C:\Program Files (x86)\BibleWorks 9\GreekAudioBible\<Book>\<Chapter>.mp3"

I actually obtained my Greek audio files from CDs I have, but those are not public domain or allowed free distribution.

Hope this helps.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Dear Lee,

all right, thank you ! I made some errors but it works now.
    I also have the Louis Tylor Greek Audio CD and I like it very much.
    Now I have the whole OT and the NT in Audio format. Fantastic !
    Yours
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Dear Lee,

all right, thank you ! I made some errors but it works now.
    I also have the Louis Tylor Greek Audio CD and I like it very much.
    Now I have the whole OT and the NT in Audio format. Fantastic !
    Yours
    Peter
    Glad to hear it, Peter!

You're much quicker than I am--I've only added the Gospel accounts, as changing the names of every file is a pretty time-consuming process.

Dear Lee,

it took me about an hour but it's worth it ! For German friends: please take a look at this how-to-do video of a BW User from Swizerland (Hebrew):
    http://youtu.be/Q1mgCPRTcGI

Yours
    Peter, Germany
    www.streitenberger.com
    Last edited by Peter; 11-11-2012 at 03:20 PM.