Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Narrate WTT Chapter

Talking The Hebrew audio files are now on the 'unofficial' BibleWorks Blog!

Hello all,

Mike Tidsell has put up a guest-blog post on the 'unofficial' BibleWorks Blog:

Audio Files to Narrate the OT in Hebrew http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/?p=1102

The blog post details two ways of incorporating the audio files into BibleWorks using the External Links Manager. One way installs the files on your computer, the other allows you to just call on the mp3 that's hosted on the BW blog.

Enjoy!
    Jim Darlack - Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default problem

Thanks Jim! I have them all downloaded except for Judges and Song of Solomon. When I click on those two books I get a error 404 file not found. I have tried with both the zipped and the unzipped files.

To get Judges and Song of Solomon, I find the original link in the post and manually downloaded these two books. I had to change the file name to a single number to reflect the chapter.

Also the book of Malachi is missing from the master list. But if you go to the original link, you can download it as well.

The link is, http://www.aoal.org/Hebrew/AudioBible/
    Numbers 6:24-26
    יְבָרֶכְךָ יְהוָה וְיִשְׁמְרֶךָ׃
    יָאֵר יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וִיחֻנֶּךָּ׃
    יִשָּׂא יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וְיָשֵׂם לְךָ שָׁלוֹם׃

Good call on those files.
    The Judges and Song of Solomon files are up and running now. (The file names were wrong.)

The Malachi files are up there too (I just failed to put them on the list).

http://www.oldinthenew.org/biblework...udiobible/Mal/
    http://www.oldinthenew.org/biblework...obible/Mal.zip

Thanks again Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by benelchi View Post
    I don't have a site to put the file on at the moment, but if you have a place to upload it I will send it to you.
    I can give you a place to upload. I own the domain brainout.net. I can create a password and a folder just for you, and then you can use FTP to upload, and change the password so that no one but you can use that folder. I have unlimited space. It only costs me about $7 per month via Yahoo webhosting, and so there is no charge. There are no ads. And you don't support anything I say, just because you upload there. I also do this for other people who disagree with my 'read' on Bible, so don't worry. Just email me if you want this feature, or reply here and PM me your email address, so I can add you. Also, decide on what subdomain name you want to use, and I'll create a subdomain like yourname.brainout.net . Then you have total independent freedom. The subdomain will point at your folder, making your life easier. You can even get a separate email address there, if you want it.

Or, of course, you can use Yahoo webhosting, yourself. Your decision.
    'brainouty' on Youtube and , http://www.vimeo.com/brainout

Default Problems with Shir HaShirim (Sol)

Dear Friends,
    everything works fine besides the Song of Salomo (Shir HaShirim). BibleWorks doesn't find the Audio files. A friend of mine has the same problem.
    Can you help us ?
    Yours
    Peter, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Dear Friends,
    everything works fine besides the Song of Salomo (Shir HaShirim). BibleWorks doesn't find the Audio files. A friend of mine has the same problem.
    Can you help us ?
    Yours
    Peter, Germany
    Hmm... I'm trying to figure out what might be wrong, Peter. What exactly is happening? I just tested my copy, and it works fine from my side of the Atlantic.

Dear Jim,
    thank you for assisting us ! When I open Sol 1:1 and rightclick in the Browse Window to Narrate the WTT Chapter nothing happens. All other OT books open the Media Player and run the Audio files. I've checked the folder and the Mp3-Files. They open by clicking on them but not within BibleWorks. The Folder is named "Sol", which should be right.
    Do you have a clue ?
    Yours in Christ
    Peter, Germany

Default Solution?

Hello Peter,

I am from Germany, too, and I tested my installation after you wrote this problem down in the forum. Mine is not working, too. But the problem here was: The BW abbreviation is "Sol" (don't know why), the folder is named "Son" (C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 9\HebrewAudioBible\Son). I renamed the folder to "Sol", then it worked for me. Perhaps it is helpful for you to check also the BW abbreviation in your installation and the path of the Audio files?

Greetings to all from Munich,

Karlheinz