Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Narrate WTT Chapter

Default Narrate WTT Chapter

In BW9, the right click menu on a Hebrew word gives the option to "Narrate WTT Chapter." I assumed that this was a way to play a sound file that would say the Hebrew text. But when I select it, my media player opens and tells me it cannot find the file. I have all the "sound files" on the install disk already installed.

Any help?
    Fred Greco
    Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA (Katy, TX)
    Christ Church Blog

"The heart is the main thing in true religion...It is the hinge and turning-point in the condition of man's soul. If the heart is alive to God and quickened by the Spirit, the man is a living Christian. If the heart is dead and has not the Spirit, the man is dead before God." (J.C. Ryle)

Quote Originally Posted by FredGreco View Post
    In BW9, the right click menu on a Hebrew word gives the option to "Narrate WTT Chapter." I assumed that this was a way to play a sound file that would say the Hebrew text. But when I select it, my media player opens and tells me it cannot find the file. I have all the "sound files" on the install disk already installed.

Any help?
    Based on the link (you can see what it's calling up in the Edit External Links menu under Resources), I think it might be a self-made link that accidentally made it into the BW9 program. It looks as though Michael Bushell has audio files for the WTT and so it's set to play those. Since I assume this is a personal link, the files probably aren't able to be packaged within BibleWorks 9.

In other words, I think your program works fine, but I don't think that link is supposed to be there. As you said, the alternative is that BW9 is missing files for it, but I don't think that's the case because the inclusion of all the audio files of Hebrew Bible was never an advertised feature, and I would think that's something worth bragging about.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Well, if I do a rightclick with my computer mouse, I also have the "Narrate WTT Chapter" in the menu.

Same error message after opening windows media player ...

What a pity! Would be a great feature.

Default Hebrew Audio Bible

I had never noticed this option. This item is defined in the external links menu. The audio files are not included with bibleworks 9 but the entire audio of the Hebrew OT (divided into chapters) can be downloaded from this site: http://www.aoal.org/Hebrew/AudioBible/

I had downloaded the entire audio bible from this site a while ago. And I am now writing a program to convert the names to a structure that is compatible with the bible works link. I tested with a few chapters and it works great!

Since these audio files are in the public domain, I am wondering if Bibleworks might be able to include them in future releases???

I now have the file names converted to a format compatible with the Bibleworks links, and have tested the narration and it works!!!

I can provide the C source code to those who which to do this conversion, or possibly a ZIP of the audio files; however, the latter is over 700 MB so it may be too big to email for most people.

That would be wonderful! I'm trying to recover my limited skills in Hebrew and that would be useful. I don't know what to do with the C source code so would need some direction to use it or would need the audio files. That is a big file, but would be worth the download!

Quote Originally Posted by Nord Zootman View Post
    That would be wonderful! I'm trying to recover my limited skills in Hebrew and that would be useful. I don't know what to do with the C source code so would need some direction to use it or would need the audio files. That is a big file, but would be worth the download!
    I don't have a site to put the file on at the moment, but if you have a place to upload it I will send it to you.

Sounds great.
    Well I know the service https://www.filemail.com/ for sending large files without any registration.
    I'd be interested in the files, too.

I wasn't familiar with filemail.com but it certainly looks like that would work. If you are comfortable sending it through there please send it to me. My address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Thank you

Edit: It appears that you can send to multible recepients through that service, so you might want to give others an opportunity to post their address as well and send it to all of us at the same time.
    Last edited by Nord Zootman; 03-20-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: removed address

Mine is: karlheinz dot lang (at) k-lang dot de