Thread: "Unlocked" BibleWorks

Hybrid View

Default "Unlocked" BibleWorks

While searching for an inexpensive copy of Bibledit, to be used by one of our translators, I came across this one:, then search for "BibleWorks", and then there are two entries there for sale.

Okay, I went ahead, made my bid, and the bid was accepted for €52,70. I was glad to be going to be able to obtain a low-cost copy of BibleWorks. Then it occurred to me to find out whether this version was genuine or fake. I wrote to the seller:

May you clarify to me whether the serial numbers that come with this version of BibleWorks are original, and whether these have ever been used by anybody for registration with
    I only can make the purchase when I am satisfied with the response to the above questions.

The seller responded as follows:

You will receive a 100% unlocked version of Bible works 8. It does not require a serial number as there is a patch its 100% working software. This includes install help also.

I've informed the seller about my view that there is fraud here. His name and address are known to me. Should I name and shame him on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by teus View Post

His name and address are known to me. Should I name and shame him on this forum?

Probably not. After all, you are not 100% sure that there is fraud, and even if you were, you should go to the police or relevant authority instead.

Default Fraud

Please send the name and address to . The seller is selling a fraudulent copy. All valid copies require an unlock code and if someone is selling a copy that does not require a serial number, it is a hacked version. Buyer beware.

The details were posted to the email address given.