Thread: verses in NA with double brackets

Default verses in NA with double brackets

Dear BW-Friends,
    I'm not sure, whether a search for verses in the Nestle-Aland text with double brackets is possible in BW. I want to get verses like Joh 7,53. I could realize a search for single brackets, but wasn't able to do this with double brackets.
    Thank you for your help !
    Peter, Germany
    www.streitenberger.com
    Last edited by Peter; 08-23-2011 at 05:51 AM.

Hi Peter,

There might be a way to search on double brackets in BW, but I am unable to figure it out at this time. Instead, I exported the BNT as an RTF file then searched on the double brackets in Word. The verses that contain double brackets are as follows:

Mar 16:8-20
    Luk 22:43-44
    Luk 23:34
    Joh 7:53-8:11

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

Thumbs up Quick & dirty

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    ....unable to figure it out at this time. Instead, I exported the BNT as an RTF file then searched on the double brackets in Word.
    Sometimes the crude method is the quickest and lets you get on with your work. I like the work-around, although it would be nice to be able to search on anything that BW encodes.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

I don't have a copy of BibleWorks in front of me now, but it my memory serves me right, it used to be possible to search for double brackets with the Graphical Search Engine (GSE). In fact you could build any punctuation-based search with the GSE (formerly known as ASE).

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Friends ! The list Glenn provided is exactly what I needed. Your solution is smart :-)
    Ruben: it's possible to search for a single bracket in the GSE, but not for double ones.
    Peter, Germany
    www.streitenberger.com
    Last edited by Peter; 08-26-2011 at 10:01 AM.