Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Campus Crusade for Christ Changes Name, Losing 'Crusade' and 'Christ'

From the article | "As far as the removal of the word "Christ," the ministry's website said, "Cru enables us to have discussions about Christ with people who might initially be turned off by a more overtly Christian name. "
    It's not just the name that's offensive to people. It is the gospel message that is synonymous with the name. The Messiah is the gospel. There is no other name under heaven whereby we must be saved.

(1Co 1:17-18 ESV) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. 18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Default preach it brother

I am vary happy to see someone using scripture in this.I also believe that it is the massege we bring that is offensive ,but it does not mean we should stop preaching it .we should not shut are mouths so we can be friends with the world for it is written...

James 4:4-Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSaunders View Post
    It's not just the name that's offensive to people. It is the gospel message that is synonymous with the name. The Messiah is the gospel. There is no other name under heaven whereby we must be saved.

(1Co 1:17-18 ESV) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. 18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Default taking CHRIST out of christmas

Christ was never supposed to be in Christmas.It was the catholic church who put him into it saying that it was his birthday.Even though it was originally the winter solstice which was a festival celebrating the Greek gods. So I do hope that Christ is removed from Chrstmas so that the followers of Christ can stop celebrating it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSaunders View Post
    From the article | "As far as the removal of the word "Christ," the ministry's website said, "Cru enables us to have discussions about Christ with people who might initially be turned off by a more overtly Christian name. We believe that our interaction and our communication with the world will be what ultimately honors and glorifies Christ."

Full Article

What's next, taking "Christ" out of B.C. and Christmas? "Lord" out of A.D.?

I'm sure there are academic reasons or reasons that align with some church growth guru as to why we should tuck our loins between our legs and concede more ground.

Its not the name of organization that brings a person to Jesus Christ. I like what Paul said Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. In II Peter 2:5, Noah is specially singled out and called a preacher of righteousness.But it was what Noah did that condemned the world, not what he said. It is a well-worn proverb that actions speak louder than words. Lots preaching to his sons and their wives was unheeded by them; for his deeds belied his words. When he proclaimed concerning the coming judgment of Sodom he seemed like one that talked nonsense unto his sons-in-law.
    Why? Because he had first lifted up his own eyes, and chosen all the plain of Jordan (Genesis 13:1011). Then he pitched his tent toward Sodom (Genesis 13:12). Then he dwelt in Sodom (Genesis 14:12). Then he sat in the gate of Sodom (Genesis 19:1), which means that he took part in the government of Sodom and fulfilled the duties of citizenship. No wonder that he seemed like one that mocked when he warned the men to whom he had given his daughters in marriage, and told them of the imminent judgment of Sodom.What Lot did, condemned himself. What Noah did, condemned the world, because though he was in it, he was not of it. He did not spend his time in improving it, for he knew it was soon to be destroyed. He did not waste his energies in entertaining its inhabitants, for he knew that the Flood was coming which took them all away. His seat of government was not on earth: for he believed his God who was in heaven. The days of Lot are coupled by our Lord with the days of Noah in Luke 18:26, 28, and also with the future coming of the Son of Man in His day (Luke 18:2526).
    The Church looks so much like the world her words mean nothing this include the campus Crusade for Christ thank God His WORD is powerful. He tells us to love are enemy's that mean all enemy, He tells us not to take a brother to court, He tells us not to be in debt and trust Him for daily needs, He tells us to build up tresures in heaven not here where they will rust away I could go on and on. Jesus says in 1 Jn 2:6 As we see Him walk we should walk. Truthfully brothers I fall short of this walk I am talking about, but it's still true. I heard the gospel when I was 24 and now I'm 68 I was mechanic for forty four years and now I retired. I have always love the word of God because I want to Know the Author and Jesus is my Lord. I am just given you some of my THOUGHTS don,t take it personal.

This type of "rebranding" is nothing new.

Our own Australian Baptist Missionary Society (known simply as ABMS) changed its name to Global Interaction (which means absolutely nothing, and so I and many others still call it ABMS).

The Red Sea Mission is now known as ReachAcross, partly because their field has expanded beyond the Red Sea

The old Sudan Interior Mission is now SIM ("Serving in Mission"), but is the end result of the merger of at least four differen agencies.