Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Font for ESV Study Bible

Default Font for ESV Study Bible

Any idea how to change the font / font size for the ESV Study Bible, and other books under the Verse tab?
    Stephen.

The Verse Tab works sort of like an Internet Explorer window so if you click in it, press the control key on your keyboard and move your mouse scroll button up and down, it zooms in and out, making the fonts larger or smaller.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Red face Life's Biggest Questions

If you are a fan of the ESV Study Bible, you may have noticed the excellent notes on Christian Doctrine by Erik Thoennes. I discovered today that it has been released in an expanded and more popular format by Crossway as Life's Biggest Questions.

You can preview it here http://www.crossway.org/books/lifes-...questions-tpb/

It would make an excellent resource for a home group and includes interesting, stimulating questions at the end of each chapter.

I read through the ESV Study Bible over about 18 months and highly recommend it.

I liked a lot of things about it, but was most enthusiastic abotu John Collins introduction and notes to Psalms. One of the highlights was his observation, at regular intervals, that many of the psalms are referencing Exodus 34:6-7.
    David McKay
    Aussie Christian
    http://gontroppo.blogspot.com/
    What I'm Reading
    http://themusickeplace.blogspot.com/

Default Font for ESV Study Bible on MAC

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    The Verse Tab works sort of like an Internet Explorer window so if you click in it, press the control key on your keyboard and move your mouse scroll button up and down, it zooms in and out, making the fonts larger or smaller.
    It is great to have BibleWorks 9 running on MAC, but how can I increase the font-size for ESV study Bible, as well as other resources under the Verse Tab? There is no mouse scroll button for Mac? Please help .

Quote Originally Posted by jhkchan View Post
    It is great to have BibleWorks 9 running on MAC, but how can I increase the font-size for ESV study Bible, as well as other resources under the Verse Tab? There is no mouse scroll button for Mac? Please help .
    I assume Ctrl+ and Ctrl- should allow you to zoom in and out. You might give that a try and see if that's what you're looking for.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I assume Ctrl+ and Ctrl- should allow you to zoom in and out. You might give that a try and see if that's what you're looking for.
    No. I tried Ctrl+, Opt+, Command+, two finger pinch zoom, etc. Nothing works on BibleWorks 9 running on Mac. The default font is too small to read. I have increase the fonts in Browse, Search and most of the Analysis Windows. However, those under the "Verse" Tab do not respond to the Font change in "Options". Is there a font-size changer for "Verse" Tab somewhere?

No. I tried Ctrl+, Opt+, Command+, two finger pinch zoom, etc. Nothing works on BibleWorks 9 running on Mac. The default font is too small to read. I have increase the fonts in Browse, Search and most of the Analysis Windows. However, those under the "Verse" Tab do not respond to the Font change in "Options". Is there a font-size changer for "Verse" Tab somewhere?
    Try using the menu system to go to Tools | Options. Then look on the left side under General and click Fonts. In the bottom right of this window you should see the place to change CHM fonts. That should be what you're looking for.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

Try using the menu system to go to Tools | Options. Then look on the left side under General and click Fonts. In the bottom right of this window you should see the place to change CHM fonts. That should be what you're looking for.
    I have changed CHM font size to X-large, but no effect on ESV Study Bible display, or NET Bible, or any of the "Verse" Tab resources.

This is running BW 9.0.011b.1 (SH) on a Mac OSX 10.8.2

I have changed CHM font size to X-large, but no effect on ESV Study Bible display, or NET Bible, or any of the "Verse" Tab resources.

This is running BW 9.0.011b.1 (SH) on a Mac OSX 10.8.2
    Hmm. I'm not 100% sure, but this may be a bug that hasn't been remedied yet then. I notice on the Mac Preview page this is listed as one of the known bugs: COM/JS issue? Tools | Options | Fonts | CHM font size, esnt.chm should query program and set font size accordingly. I'm not sure if that's related, but it sounds like they know about font issues in at least one CHM, but it sounds like they also know it's a more general problem.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

Default Mac Fonts in CHM files

Hmm. I'm not 100% sure, but this may be a bug that hasn't been remedied yet then. I notice on the Mac Preview page this is listed as one of the known bugs: COM/JS issue? Tools | Options | Fonts | CHM font size, esnt.chm should query program and set font size accordingly. I'm not sure if that's related, but it sounds like they know about font issues in at least one CHM, but it sounds like they also know it's a more general problem.
    The native version that we have been distributing is not the last word. It is, as it was promoted, a preview. We are collecting bug reports and will soon commission a new set of fixes for the Mac module. This is in the mix.

Thanks for your patience,
    Mike