Thread: Persian (Farsi) Bible for BW7

Hybrid View

Question Persian (Farsi) Bible for BW7

Hi all,

Can someone help with Persian version?

Regards,
    Eliyahu

Hi Eliyahu,

I'm sorry, but I have some bad news for you. In order to compile a version in BibleWorks there needs to be a Windows codepage for that language, and the version cannot be in Unicode. Farsi does not have a Windows codepage, so it is not possible at this time to compile a Farsi Bible version in BibleWorks. Perhaps this will be changed in the future, but as of BibleWorks 9 this is still not possible.

Having a Windows codepage is necessary in order to sort the characters properly and to display the characters properly. The Version Databases Compiler uses plain text input, and does not handle Unicode characters.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    Hi Eliyahu,

I'm sorry, but I have some bad news for you. In order to compile a version in BibleWorks there needs to be a Windows codepage for that language, and the version cannot be in Unicode. Farsi does not have a Windows codepage, so it is not possible at this time to compile a Farsi Bible version in BibleWorks. Perhaps this will be changed in the future, but as of BibleWorks 9 this is still not possible.

Having a Windows codepage is necessary in order to sort the characters properly and to display the characters properly. The Version Databases Compiler uses plain text input, and does not handle Unicode characters.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Hi Glenn,

Persian does use Arabic script with a few additions. All characters are included in Windows-1256. If it is possible to compile an Arabic Bible version in BibleWorks (Van Dyke Arabic Bible), then it should be also possible with a Persian version.

Best regards,
    Eliyahu

Hi Eliyahu,

I'm very glad to see that I was incorrect! That is good news. I was going from memory, and I guess my memory was not very good.

In order to produce a text to be compiled in BibleWorks, you will need a text file (ANSI text, or plain text) of the file, with one verse per line. Each line must begin with the 3-letter BibleWorks abbrevation for the book name, followed by a space, then the chapter number, then a colon, then the verse number, followed by a space. Once such a text file is prepared, then you can use the Version Database Compiler to compile the file. Perhaps the easiest way to prepare the file is to use Microsoft Word to prepare the text, then save the Word document as plain text and select the proper text encoding. Be sure that all headers, footnotes, paragraph formatting, etc. is removed from the file.

I suggest exporting from BibleWorks a section of the Arabic Bible so that you can see how the text is formatted. You can use the "Export database" function in BibleWorks to export the text. Be sure to save the text in "text" format, not BWW or RTF format.

You will also want to read the Help file chapter on Compiling Version Databases. This chapter will give further information on how to prepare the text file and compile the file as a BibleWorks text. When you compile the file you will want to compile it as an Arabic language text. This should give it the proper encoding.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Hi Eliyahu,

If you could contact me via email, that would be a great help to me. My email address is gweaver, sent to bibleworks.com.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Default Farsi

I don't know if it is a good Version. I am not able to read it in my BibleWorks.

Can you try this version of persian farsi bible?

thanks in advance

Pasquale

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3b1s3d1s9gqu8qf/farsi.zip

I builded it from two farsi.xml Bible (osis and zephania)
    Last edited by pasquale; 07-27-2011 at 02:47 PM.