Thread: External Links to Logos

Hybrid View

Default External Links to Logos

I've been able to figure out how to invoke Logos 4 using the external links manager in BW9 for different dictionaries in Logos and also the ESV RevInt, TDNT, EDNT, NIDOTTE and a few others. I have had no success trying to invoke a search on a collection within Logos. Anyone have any input? Thanks!

Afraid I can't help, but I was wondering if you have had success with Logos 4? The problem I have had is with BW supplying the Lemma, but not in unicode format. I think that Logos 4 requires unicode to look up terms in various lexicons.

Just curious as to what you have been able to link to in Logos 4.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Afraid I can't help, but I was wondering if you have had success with Logos 4? The problem I have had is with BW supplying the Lemma, but not in unicode format. I think that Logos 4 requires unicode to look up terms in various lexicons.

Just curious as to what you have been able to link to in Logos 4.

Thanks.
    Because you ask, I can link to the TDNT, EDNT, NIDNTT, Zodhiates Complete Word Study Dictionary, Vine's with BW supplying the lemma and I use the BGT. I can link to the BHS 4.2 and of course, the NA27 with BW providing the verse reference and I use the KJV. I can link to the Dict. of Biblical Imagery, AYBD, NIBD, the IVP Essential reference dictionaries, given the same English word in BW. I can link to the ESV REVINT both Nt and Ot with BW providing the verse reference in the KJV. And to Alford's commentary.

Until I begin to use these, I won't know which are most helpful. Probably the ESV Rev interlinears will be since from there in Logos, I can access just about everything else I need. The Dictionary of Biblical Imagery is very helpful and that direct link makes sense; really whatever is your favorite dictionary in Logos may be what you want to link directly. As far as commentaries, what makes sense, now, is once I open Alford in Logos, I can use Parallel sets to quickly access other NT commentaries. I need to set up something similar for the OT commentaries.

As far as BW supplying a Hebrew lemma, I haven't been able to do that. I can use the NIDOTTE if I get the same English word from the NIV in BW and it finds its counterpart in the dictionary. I am done going berserk with links and now to use the programs.

Default That's great

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Korte View Post
    Because you ask, I can link to the TDNT, EDNT, NIDNTT, Zodhiates Complete Word Study Dictionary, Vine's with BW supplying the lemma and I use the BGT. I can link to the BHS 4.2 and of course, the NA27 with BW providing the verse reference and I use the KJV. I can link to the Dict. of Biblical Imagery, AYBD, NIBD, the IVP Essential reference dictionaries, given the same English word in BW. I can link to the ESV REVINT both Nt and Ot with BW providing the verse reference in the KJV. And to Alford's commentary.

Until I begin to use these, I won't know which are most helpful. Probably the ESV Rev interlinears will be since from there in Logos, I can access just about everything else I need. The Dictionary of Biblical Imagery is very helpful and that direct link makes sense; really whatever is your favorite dictionary in Logos may be what you want to link directly. As far as commentaries, what makes sense, now, is once I open Alford in Logos, I can use Parallel sets to quickly access other NT commentaries. I need to set up something similar for the OT commentaries.

As far as BW supplying a Hebrew lemma, I haven't been able to do that. I can use the NIDOTTE if I get the same English word from the NIV in BW and it finds its counterpart in the dictionary. I am done going berserk with links and now to use the programs.
    Would you mind sharing a few of the entries? (say, TDNT, and ESV Rev Int) I'm primarily interested in this field: Name:  External Link.PNG
Views: 128
Size:  40.9 KB

Thanks.

Hi Eric,
    Sure. Yes, that is the tricky field.

For the TDNT:

libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=*<dummy>|l ang=el|scheme=beta|res="TDNT"

For the ESV:

libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book> <Chapter>%3A<Verse>|res=RVI:ESVNT

libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book> <Chapter>%3A<Verse>|res=RVI:ESVOT

Why there are quotes around TDNT and not around the ESV, I don't know. One of my early mistakes was failing to use the vertical line
    (or Shift + \) instead I used a small "l".

I would have been clueless as to how to do these links if had not seen them referenced in several threads. Hope this helps.

I just realized that this thread belongs in another section of the forums. Oops!
    Last edited by Joan Korte; 07-22-2011 at 01:01 PM.