Thread: Issues while copying Russian text from BibleWorks

Default Issues while copying Russian text from BibleWorks

I've observed that not all letters are being copied and carried over into another text document when I try to copy text from BibleWorks Russian Bible. It seems to have an issue with at least two Russian letters: "Я" and "Ю" - they are not being represented by any symbol and just appear missing empty spaces.

If the letter is in the middle of the word, it is obvious that it is missing and also is pretty obvious which exactly letter it is. But if it is a letter in the ending of the word - that is tricky and no everyone, even native Russian speaker can pick up on it.

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing such a problem. Please respond. It is a pain to have to fix the text. I am doing a lot of work with BibleWorks Russian text and it needs to be fixed.

This is an example of what I am talking about:

"Земл же была безвидна и пуста, и тьма над бездно , и Дух Божий носилс над водо ." (Gen 1:1) - copied from BibleWorks 9

The correct text should be:

"Земля же была безвидна и пуста, и тьма над бездною, и Дух Божий носился над водою."

________

@moderators: the original post located here: http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...rom-BibleWorks perhaps needs to be deleted, no one will read this thread in the "Russian Discussion" and it actually is not meant for Russian-speaking people, but more for the developers. It was my first post and I might have chosen the wrong sub-forum. Thanks!

But I did answer it over there. So don't delete it until you read my answer.
    ME

Oops, I apologize, I didn't see the reply. Apparently you were in the process of replying while I was in the process of re-posting.

Default Any insight into this problem?

Is there any insight into this problem? I see that this thread had been moved from where it was and the two replies are confusing/appearing unrelated. Maybe the replies should be deleted and someone from BibleWorks should respond?

I'm not sure what your confusion is. There actually have been replies to the thread. Mark Eddy replied to it and is waiting to hear back from Roshka.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Duplication of threads is a confusing method

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    I'm not sure what your confusion is. There actually have been replies to the thread. Mark Eddy replied to it and is waiting to hear back from Roshka.
    Aha. Rather confusing to duplicate threads.