Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Companion Bible...

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    And more importantly, you did trash dispensationalism because you said (of Bullinger), and I quote, "his talent was wasted by his diversion into dispensationalism."
    I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt. But my post was directed at the Original Poster, and was not about dispensationalism. It was about Bullinger. The question was about the Companion Bible.

Bullinger was a scholar who had considerable talent. His other works such as his Critical Lexicon and as I mentioned in the previous post, "Figures of speech", are considered his greatest works. The Companion Bible along with his Commentary on Revelation have been considered by most (dispensationalists included, maybe even ESPECIALLY dispensationalists) to be of lessor value, for obvious reasons. This is what I was referring to as his "diversion".

This is what I had intended to convey in my original post. Maybe my choice of words was less than perfect, but my point was (and still is) accurate.

John

My feelings were not hurt. As mentioned, I don't take people's theological diatribes and jabs personally. And I have Bullinger's "Figures of Speech." It is a classic work in the estimation of most. I'm not trying to attack you. All I attempted to do was encourage you not to denigrate the theological systems of the diverse group of readers at these BibleWorks forums. That's all, nothing more.

Thanks for the replies that are directed towards The Companion Bible and Bullinger's other works. Are programs in Logos able to be used in BibleWorks?

Quote Originally Posted by Busdriver View Post
    Thanks for the replies that are directed towards The Companion Bible and Bullinger's other works. Are programs in Logos able to be used in BibleWorks?
    No. Logos is a completely different platform. It is more of a library system while BW is more of an exegetical program, although the capabilities overlap a bit.

BW has the ERMIE facility, maybe you could set up external links to one of the websites that has the Companion Bible online. I cant help much though, I have never used Ermie.

Are you already familiar with the websites?

This site http://www.companionbiblecondensed.com/ appears to have the entire Companion Bible in PDF format. Maybe some of the ERMIE experts here could help you with setting ERMIE up to access theses PDF's?

Sorry I cant be of more help.

John

Default Another link

This one has the complete scanned pages, again in PDF format:

http://www.heavendwellers.com/hd_com...nion_bible.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Busdriver View Post
    Actually the answer to this is "yes," if by "programs" you mean databases/books. There are even threads in this forum about using your External Links Manager to open up books which you own in Logos. It is a bit tricky (BW Help explains what to do on the BW end, but what to do on the Logos end is slightly different depenting on which version of Logos you have), and it is not as quick as using the same work from within BibleWorks (if it is available in both). But it can be done.
    Mark Eddy

Thanks for all the pertinent replies. I bought the Companion Bible on CD that has clickable notes along the side of the text. Its very handy, but I would like to as soon as possible make it available in BW for ease of use sakes, along with the fact BW is such an AWESOME tool!!!

Thanks again and May the Lord Bless You!!!