Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dale A. Brueggemann View Post
    Always love the new versions, and consider the upgrade great value for price. This is no exception...
    Now if we can just get the same level of text-critical tools for the real Bible--you know the one to which they've appended that thin, though inspired, commentary in Greek. It's making me hungry for the same resources for the Tanakh.
    It, would be great to have something like The Leningrad Codex: A Facsimile Edition available in BW MSS project. In my opinion this would be even better than having the DeadSea scrolls, being that most modern translations and the BHS are based on the Leningrad.

Take a look at the older photo-facsimile found at Wikimedia:
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ca...Leningradensis

And, Seforim online:
    http://www.seforimonline.org/seforim...here_value=264

However, as it stands I firmly believe that BibleWorks has become the tool; no serious Minister, NT scholar, Exegete, or Textual critic can afford to be without.
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

Thumbs down Why don't you actually address the facts of post #13

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    When we receive criticisms we always ask ourselves two questions: (1) do we personally as a company agree with the criticisms and (2) do most of our users, and especially those whose advice has been helpful in the past, agree with the criticisms. If a criticism fails on both counts. as this one does, we do not devote resources to it, especially when disgruntled users have the option of reverting to previous program behavior.

A strange turn for a thread started by someone to invite people to express appreciation for BibleWorks.
    Why don't you actually address the facts of post #13? It doesn't matter if you agree - as a company or otherwise - with the criticisms. If the criticisms are valid, they are valid. You can wish the problems away all you want, but they are still there. Second, "most of your users" are not on these forums. ...Your two "tests" do not have much substance to them at all and certainly fall really short of how most serious businesses evaluate anything.

Default Bitmaps again

Quote Originally Posted by roshka View Post
    Why don't you actually address the facts of post #13? It doesn't matter if you agree - as a company or otherwise - with the criticisms. If the criticisms are valid, they are valid. You can wish the problems away all you want, but they are still there. Second, "most of your users" are not on these forums. ...Your two "tests" do not have much substance to them at all and certainly fall really short of how most serious businesses evaluate anything.
    "If the criticisms are valid, they are valid." True enough, but someone has to judge whether they are valid or not and any "serious" business would use the same procedures that we have used. I honestly do not understand your adversarial attitude.

Button bitmaps are not designed to be viewed close up. Professionally designed bitmaps depend on the blending that the eye provides automatically at a distance. While some of the bitmaps could be cleaned up a bit, none warrant the scathing comments. Most were designed by a professional graphic arts company that does this sort of thing professionally. There may very well be some issues on some systems that have modified the system background colors. The Windows API does not support transparent bitmaps for 32 bit images and we had to work around that. We will take a look at how this interacts with non-default Windows color schemes, but in the mean time I would suggest that you work on being helpful rather than accusatory. This is a self-help forum and many of the bitmap comments were not made to help anyone.

I would also suggest that you register further comments along these lines to technical support. This is not the proper venue for venting. This is not a moderated forum and your comments may or may not be heard by BibleWorks staff. Some BibleWorks employees frequent this forum out of curiosity and a desire to help. Others do not and this thread is one reason why.

FWIW, I have a 22-inch widescreen DVI monitor, and have examined the screen display of BW9 with a Bausch & Lomb magnifying glass. I can see no ghosts or artifacts around the new icons; they all look sharp and clean.

Perhaps the problem is with the users' monitors rather than the software?

Thumbs up BibleWorks is configurable!

On, a positive note BibleWorks9 allows one to:
    1. Revert back to BibleWorks' classic tool-bar and icons
    2. Remove the tool bar completely
    3. Use the new icons (small format)
    4. use the new icons (larger format)
    5. individually add and remove icons
    6. I think it is even possible to customize the your own icon arrangement/order
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

Default new bibleworks owner

this is tremendous. i cannot believe ive gone without. i had thought to go accordance, mainly because i didnt want to pay for all the korean, finnish, etc versions, was but am so glad i took the leap. the hebrew is beautiful, thorough, even the talmud, which wasnt even listed as a gain.

i am having a blast just exploring all the things it can do. and the service phone guy really helpful and supportive. it is intuitive with clicking for comparisons. me happy, even more immersed in the bible than i thought possible on a computer. cew

Good for you, CEW. It is a great program. To try BibleWorks is to love it. Enjoy!

Welcome to BW and to the forums, cew!

Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    brainout, if you are still around these forums would mind posting a link to some of those videos.
    LOL just found this request, sorry for the delay! Forgot to subscribe to the thread! I'm still around, but now forgot what videos I meant when typing that post, earlier in this thread. What video links did you want me to post? At this point there are over 700, and Youtube is now dysfunctional, so it takes forever to find a given video. Tell me the topic you want, and I'll post a video link on it. I'm known as 'brainouty' in Youtube.

PS I specialize in exegesis videos, to get my audience interested in learning Bible in the original mss. -- using BibleWorks. Some (20? 30?) of my subscribers have bought Bibleworks as a result, so they tell me. Hence, later in 2012, I'll be doing videos showing them some tips and tricks in using it better. Just posted the first one, yesterday, but the resolution didn't come out right (I used my netbook, where BW8 resides). Already over 10 people have watched it, which surprises me. So this is a topic I must cover in the future.
    'brainouty' on Youtube and , http://www.vimeo.com/brainout