Thread: The appreciation thread

Hybrid View

Thumbs up The appreciation thread

If you haven't done so already please take some time to share encouragement, appreciation, and feedback to the staff and programmers of BibleWorks. Remember, Bibleworks it's just the software being licensed; it's a service, a mission, and team. It is also probably the smallest BibleSoftware company as well(only 7 individuals). But, that's besides the point. Please, take a minute or two to be considerate enough to mention at least one thing you think the programmers and staff have done well this time. If, you just have to say something critical try to sandwich that comment between two positive ones. Keep in mind that BibleWorks isn't out to make mega bucks, but to service men and women of faith by providing the tools to help them rightly divide the word of truth at a price way below it's net worth.
    Last edited by bkMitchell; 07-19-2011 at 10:48 AM.
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

Smile

To: BibleWorks' Programmers and staff,

Congratulations
    and thank you all your hard-work and effort! I hope, you all get some rest and relaxation because you all surely deserve it.

Frankly, it is hard for me to fathom the amount of time, effort, resources that must have been invested into MSS project. Implementing the CNTTS apparatus into BW was also no mean feat and then offering it for no extra charge! I also, enjoy reading through the totally revised help files! The WTT audio feature was also a big surprise for me.

The fact that you all have once again taken the time to proof read through the Greek and Hebrew texts is one of the big reasons I chose and will continue to chose BW. The quality and fidelity of BW's Greek and Hebrew texts and morphological brother texts is far superior than what I have found else where and is reason alone to purchase a BW license.
    THANK YOU ALL, AGAIN.

GRACE and PEACE,
    Brian
    Last edited by bkMitchell; 07-19-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    Brian K. Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    If you haven't done so already please take some time to share encouragement, appreciation, and feedback to the staff and programmers of BibleWorks. Remember, Bibleworks it's just the software being licensed; it's a service, a mission, and team. It is also probably the smallest BibleSoftware company as well(only 7 individuals). But, that's besides the point. Please, take a minute or two to be considerate enough to mention at least one thing you think the programmers and staff have done well this time. If, you just have to say something critical try to sandwich that comment between two positive ones. Keep in mind that BibleWorks isn't out to make mega bucks, but to service men and women of faith by providing the tools to help them rightly divide the word of truth at a price way below it's net worth.
    I can't live without BibleWorks. Every day I try to encourage people to get it. I make hundreds of videos showing its many features, partly for that purpose. Happily, some who watch those videos are buying the software, too.

When I get a chance to 'digest' the BW 8 I just bought, I'll get BW9!

I also have a separate full version of BW5, and it prompted my entry here. I've long searched BW on typed numbers, and got Scriptures which did not have the numbers in them. For example, just now, I typed '1260' and '1290', and got a slew of verses, but only the ones we all know, actually had the numbers in them. So why did I get the other verses, too?

Turns out that if you type in a number (digits) you not only get the number or text number you were looking for, but you ALSO get the Strong's number. In short, you pull up all the verses which have a word with that STRONG'S number in it.

I don't use Strong's, but many do. This should be a useful feature for them.

Love BibleWorks. Worth a fortune, both now and in the world to come!

THANK YOU, BIBLE WORKS PEOPLE! YOU ARE ALWAYS IN MY PRAYERS!

I've said it over and over again, but I'll say it here as well: BibleWorks is the single greatest bible software platform on the planet. The Word of God certainly needs no commendation from us. But BibleWorks enhances the sheer exhilaration and joy that come from studying God's matchless word. Thanks too to all the great BibleWorks people for caring this much and being as committed as they are to God's word and His people.

Default Best Program Ever!

See this post: for my comment...

Thumbs up Fantastic!

Always love the new versions, and consider the upgrade great value for price. This is no exception. And the upgrade install went smooth as can be. The only glitch was something I didn't notice, and an email to BW service got that sorted right away.

Now if we can just get the same level of text-critical tools for the real Bible--you know the one to which they've appended that thin, though inspired, commentary in Greek. It's making me hungry for the same resources for the Tanakh.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Quote Originally Posted by Dale A. Brueggemann View Post

Now if we can just get the same level of text-critical tools for the real Bible--you know the one to which they've appended that thin, though inspired, commentary in Greek. It's making me hungry for the same resources for the Tanakh.
    A beautiful way of putting it, Dale.

Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Dale A. Brueggemann View Post
    Always love the new versions, and consider the upgrade great value for price. This is no exception...
    It, would be great to have something like The Leningrad Codex: A Facsimile Edition available in BW MSS project. In my opinion this would be even better than having the DeadSea scrolls, being that most modern translations and the BHS are based on the Leningrad.

Take a look at the older photo-facsimile found at Wikimedia:
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ca...Leningradensis

And, Seforim online:
    http://www.seforimonline.org/seforim...here_value=264

However, as it stands I firmly believe that BibleWorks has become the tool; no serious Minister, NT scholar, Exegete, or Textual critic can afford to be without.
    Brian K. Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by brainout View Post
    I can't live without BibleWorks. Every day I try to encourage people to get it. I make hundreds of videos showing its many features, partly for that purpose. Happily, some who watch those videos are buying the software, too.
    brainout, if you are still around these forums would mind posting a link to some of those videos.
    Brian K. Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    brainout, if you are still around these forums would mind posting a link to some of those videos.
    LOL just found this request, sorry for the delay! Forgot to subscribe to the thread! I'm still around, but now forgot what videos I meant when typing that post, earlier in this thread. What video links did you want me to post? At this point there are over 700, and Youtube is now dysfunctional, so it takes forever to find a given video. Tell me the topic you want, and I'll post a video link on it. I'm known as 'brainouty' in Youtube.

PS I specialize in exegesis videos, to get my audience interested in learning Bible in the original mss. -- using BibleWorks. Some (20? 30?) of my subscribers have bought Bibleworks as a result, so they tell me. Hence, later in 2012, I'll be doing videos showing them some tips and tricks in using it better. Just posted the first one, yesterday, but the resolution didn't come out right (I used my netbook, where BW8 resides). Already over 10 people have watched it, which surprises me. So this is a topic I must cover in the future.
    'brainouty' on Youtube and , http://www.vimeo.com/brainout